Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Texas Libra

ROE won't install

The good news: I have a brand new 'pooter that's more than capable of playing Doom 3. Needless to say I'm quite satisfied with its performance.

The bad news: When I try to install the expansion pack, when it gets about a quarter of the way through "Preparing to install" after inserting the CD, a dialog box pops up saying that the expansion requires Windows 2000 or XP. The thing is, I AM running XP.

Could the fact that it's the x64 version have anything to do with this? If so, and I've already downloaded the latest patch for Doom 3, should the latest patch have tried to help?

Forgive me for asking this if it's already been discussed...haven't found it anywhere in the forums.

Texas Libra said:

Could the fact that it's the x64 version have anything to do with this?

Bingo.

Yeah Windows XP 64-bit Edition is just a rebranded Windows Server 2003 64-bit Edition with some changes. I couldn't install it normally either so I had to manually add the required files and to get it working.

Mindless Rambler said:

I couldn't install it normally either so I had to manually add the required files and to get it working.

Ah, makes sense. Forgive my noobness, but what files are needed to get it working? In the meantime I'll try and see if maybe changing the OS compatibility will work (a friend and I thought that might be the solution at first, but I guess we didn't select the right OS).

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I may have already found the solution online, just copy the .pk4 files in the d3xp folder on the ROE CD.