Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

More Roots (Choose your own adventure) screens

Here are screens of the three paths at the moment, and I have one small shot of the secret fourth path!
Path 3

Path 2

Path 1

and secret Path 4...

It is only 25% complete, this is taking a while but I know it will be cool! Also in a few weeks I am going to need 2 play testers (and my Bunnage).
Tester #1: Tormentor667
Tester #2: BBG (Naked Snake)
Tester #3: Bunnage (my wife)
We have to test this level single player and co-op on one of the servers just to see how it will play, I personally think co-op in this will be very interesting!

That actually looks rather good now. Infact 3 out of 4 shots look absolutely great (the one with the rock textures looks about as good as it can with those textures). You took my advice and improved ;)

Anyways I'd test for you, np.

With the exception of the first shot, they all look pretty good.
My only complaint is the sky in the first shot. It looks out of place amidst the hellish landscape.

if you are using zdoom, then change the sector action to SKY2 (or whatever it is) then define 2 skies for the map using the MAPINFO lump.

Huh, I am reminded of...I think Crysis? (Along with those old books, but thats a given)

They were boasting something about a completely non-linear storyline, as in, you cannot fail a mission, only follow the storyline along the path of the outcome of each level.

I think it would be awesome to see some mission-based levels like that in Doom.

Janitor said:

if you are using zdoom, then change the sector action to SKY2 (or whatever it is) then define 2 skies for the map using the MAPINFO lump.

This is all well and good, I am making this vanilla. I geuss I have to deal with that sky even though the different sky per path idea is great! I eventually want to make a port compatible version of this map, example: ZDoom, Skulltag, Boom, etc. There will be one ver for each depending on how this idea catches on.
This level will be a giant, so I figure its worth it to make a ver. for every port!

If I were you I'd skip Boom compatible and go for MBF, because MBF defines a sky transfer linedef that would do exactly what you want. AFAIK, both EE and PrBoom support those lines (types 271 and 272).

Quasar said:

If I were you I'd skip Boom compatible and go for MBF, because MBF defines a sky transfer linedef that would do exactly what you want. AFAIK, both EE and PrBoom support those lines (types 271 and 272).

Hmm, well I'm sure that MBF has tutorials and help files so I geuss this would be some thing to look into! I have never used it but I will learn, it sounds interesting.

Question:
Will each exit have a seperate ending depending on your path taken (or exit used)?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

All paths lead to the same exit, but with different obstacles to overcome at the end? e.g., if you take path 4, two barons will meet you at the exit, and otherwise they won't.