Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bingbing

How do you feel about the celebrity news?

How do you feel about Celebrity News?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Celebrity News?

• Very important
    • Glance by interest
    • Who cares?
    • Obligatory pointless option

Before the flame wars begin, I DO not mean about how celebs are doing. What I mean is the very concept of celebrity news in the first place. Do you care?

I, for one, do not care at all. Yes, some people are famous, but the only reason they bother is because it's a cash cow. I will admit it's funny sometimes.

I dunno, but I find CELEBRITY news to be quite boring.

EDIT : wtf, you spelled it wrong in the title, but correct in the thread? Weirdo.

You're asking this question on a forum of many anti-social, hate everything the world, especially rich people, people. What do you really expect the outcome to be?

if some of the celebs that I don't think are a total waste of space do something newsworthy, like some charity thing or some thing of the ilk, I will give some marginal attention to it. other than that, I think celeb news is complete garbage. on the other hand though, without it there wouldn't be as much funny stuff on "The Soup".

If the word celebrity stems from the word celebrate, what exactly are we celebrating? I prefer the term "famous person/people". If famous people do good things with their fame, money, and time rather than wasting them, then they're considered celebrities I suppose.

As far as who's dating who and who's in rehab, I don't give a flying fuck.

I MUST KNOW SIGHTINGS OF BRITNEY SPEARS AND PARIS HILTON AND LINDSEY LOHAN ON A BEACH ITS BREAKING NEWS WHO CARES ABOUT WORLD HUNGER I WANT MY CELEBRITIES CANDID SIGHITNG ON BEACH!

Megalyth said:
If the word celebrity stems from the word celebrate, what exactly are we celebrating? I prefer the term "famous person/people".

They're celebrated people. I'm guessing it comes from the phenomenon where people cheer when the famous individuals show up.

Wow. This is suprising. 14 votes to "Who cares" and 2 (including mine) to the obligatory useless option. At least one other person likes that concept.

Those fashion-mag "ZOMG she put on an ounce" scum murdered one of my friends, i think they should all hang... at a crossroads with notices saying "TRAITOR" stapled to thier heads

I personally believe, that, US Americans feel strongly about the celeberty news, because some people out there in our nation don't have normal news, and I believe that our tabloids, such as, er, as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as, and I believe that they should, er, our celeberty news over here in the US should help the US, er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so that we will be able to build up our future, for us.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Celebs are drama, drama is for faggots... They all suck, thus why I never watch tv.

Woah, way to generalise. I bet you're one of those people who consider themselves too good for television, maintaining that television sucks yet not actually watching any of it.

Don't usually care about it; because I watch/listen to what I like, regardless to whether it's mainstream/popular/controversial whatnot. I like a lot of metal, so I view news (band websites) on the bands I like; I'm a serious trumpet player, I subscribe to ITG; I'm a gamer, I go to Filefront,gamespy whatever (except G4TV because they cover a lot of games that I don't care for). If people like these celebrities, then they can watch it, but realize that it isn't as important as tabloids make it seem.

John Smith said:

who the fuck here is especially rich?

Not me. See my sig for an explanation. Also, the very concept of "celebrity" is so annoying it makes me wanna scratch myself all over.

Bloodshedder said:

READING COMPREHENSION AHOY

Quiet you. I was pretty damn tired when I made that post and I reserve the right to fuckup every once in a while.

Depends what celebrity news, and who's the celebrity. Celebrities who are out there just to be seen are dumb.

zarkyb said:

I bet you're one of those people who consider themselves too good for television.

No, not too good, just not board enough to watch it, there are better things in life...

If I'm waiting to go out somewhere and I got 10 minutes to kill then sure I'll switch on the TV and IF NOTHING ELSE is on that interests me, I'll either go to a music video channel or just the news. May or may/not include celebrity 'gossip' but in these situations it doesn't matter.

Other than that, I couldn't care less. The whole industry of glamour and glitz and pop etc. just totally sickens me but I'm not about to go on and rant about it, otherwise this thread would be as big as Paris Hilton's ego.

Besides it's only gossip... and if it doesn't include me, then gossip of (generally) any sort isen't worth my time.

BoldEnglishman said:

otherwise this thread would be as big as Paris Hilton's ego.

Heh, or as big as her snatch. :P BTW when will Paris get aids? Or does daddy have enough money to get the cure?

I like how whenever someone brings up the topic of celebrities in a conversation, everyone immediately says that the celebrities are totally undeserving of the attention they are getting. People are quick to criticize, but not as quick to realize they are buying into the whole deal by visiting trashy web sites and reading magazines of -2 intelligence. The only reason these celebrities are so popular is that somewhere along the line, people actually DO give a damn, on whatever level it may be.

Kristian Ronge said:

I personally believe, that, US Americans feel strongly about the celeberty news, because some people out there in our nation don't have normal news, and I believe that our tabloids, such as, er, as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as, and I believe that they should, er, our celeberty news over here in the US should help the US, er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so that we will be able to build up our future, for us.

I laughed

Ralphis said:

You're asking this question on a forum of many anti-social, hate everything the world, especially rich people, people. What do you really expect the outcome to be?

Well, he did say "I will admit it's funny sometimes", so you never know.

my uncle dated and married a celebrity. the "news" people wouldn't give him a rest, so he moved to the US. he and his wife are very happy living here... so, yeah celeb news sucks. and who the hell is rich here? definitely not me