Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Walked into Gamestop at the same time the UPS dudes arrived with a shipment. Super Smash Brawl is sitting next to me... I'll probably open it after I'm done with my homework.

I've had the game since Sunday and I've just been completely addicted to it. It's just freakin' amazing. I finished unlocking all the characters today and my best is definitely Lucas. He has a nice balance of power and speed, a great recovery, and pk thunder is just awesome for screwing with people trying to recover. Other characters I'm liking are Lucario, Ike, Sonic, and Zero Suit Samus, but practically everyone is fun to play as.

Here's my friend code: 4038-5726-2629
I'm looking forward to some intense wi-fi matches :)

My friend code is 5026-4086-1103 if anybody wants to add me. Online play's pretty laggy from what I've played of it, but it's still a lot better than playing against the CPU.

Edit: Added Ralphis, Tango, and Brinks.

Ralphis: I say we have UD Brawl matches if enough people get the game.

my brother just unlocked everyone tonight. wolf is pretty nice. he's different enought from falco and fox to make it worth it, although they could have given him a different final smash. toon link plays much like young link in the last game with a couple of differences. the character that suprised me was rob the robot. he's a tough lil' bastard with some good moves.

so has anyone made up their own stages yet? both my brothers got busy with the stage builder. a couple of the ones my youngest brother made were real doozies. so far I've made only two.

VileSlay: I was really looking forward to the stage builder but I haven't done anything so far :P I still need to unlock the rest of the characters.

Brinks: Added you :)

AgentSpork said:

My friend code is 5026-4086-1103 if anybody wants to add me. Online play's pretty laggy from what I've played of it, but it's still a lot better than playing against the CPU.

Edit: Added Ralphis, Tango, and Brinks.

Ralphis: I say we have UD Brawl matches if enough people get the game.

#nabl for your doomer brawling needs

just got mine today, dont have much wi-fi but when i get a new dongle...uh...thing. i'l edit my post here

Tango said:

VileSlay: I was really looking forward to the stage builder but I haven't done anything so far :P I still need to unlock the rest of the characters.

heh, I come home today to find even more stages built. whats cool is you can send them to friends. both my brothers have wiis and they have been trading created stages. the younger of my two brother finished unlocking everyone today and got every brawl stage. they have one for screen 3 of the original donkey kong game! pretty cool.

This game is just amazing. Online brawling is so much fun (even though Shak refuses to die most of the time) :)

Bashe said:

Mine's 0645-5498-6933

Alright dude, I added you! I posted my code earlier in the thread but I'm posting right here so why not:

1504-5371-2982

:D

And DOMREM where are you :( Check your e-mail if you see this and are too afraid to reply here

Got Wifi workin today, FC is 3652-0300-4532 if you add me send a PM with yours and i'l add as well. looking for something else to do instead of Friday night Fragfest on skulltag ^_^

My characters: Pit, Metaknight, Starfox

Playing it and loving it... I wonder if Nintendo will ever include the doom marine as part of Smash's character lineup... think of all the different smashes the doom marine can perform... and one can only guess what his ultimate smash is... heh.

Doom Marine said:

My characters: Pit, Metaknight, Starfox

Yes, Pit is awesome although I haven't been using him as much. Wolf, Diddy, Fox and Toon Link are my other favorites :)

I've gone ahead and added everyone who posted a code. Mine is a few posts up, if you're interested.

My friend brought Brawl over to my house last week. It's pretty damn fun.

I'm surprised with how good Yoshi is compared to when he was in Melee. Snake's pretty damn strong with that punch-punch-kick combo and that Nikita is fun to use. Pit's pretty cheap with that one attack where he spins his two blades or something and it can reflect attacks AND damage an opponent. I didn't really like using Sonic. Is it just me or is Fox a lot weaker in Brawl than when he was in Melee?

Finally got to play it this past weekend. Fucking awesome.

It's too bad Zero Suit Samus sucks so much, though, cause it makes me not want to play as Samus anymore, which is sad because she's always been my main character.

Lizardcommando said:

Is it just me or is Fox a lot weaker in Brawl than when he was in Melee?

Well the game is much more balanced now so Fox is not a godly character anymore. He was top tier in ssbm, and as of now there isnt any tiers in ssbb. People might say Ike and Pit are cheap but they are pretty noob friendly.

yeah, they did balance out the characters a bit more and added slight differences to the clone characters. I like what they did.

@ Kid Airbag: yeah I agree. about zero suit samus. I don't like her that much, but my brother wails with her. he prefers to start in the zero suit.

my fave characters are link, bowser, DK, samus, and pikachu. I also like to use meta knight, wolf, and jigglypuff, but not as much.

BTW, has anyone tried this? go to training mode use snake against any character in shadow moses island. if you do a clockwise 360 with the taunt button you he'll sit down without putting a box on and get special communications about his foe. the one for luigi is hilarious.

Yeah Snakes codecs rock. Also on the gamecube controller quickly hit a then down taunt works as well. I liked Luigi's a lot too it was really funny. Falco's and Sonic's are funny too.

The Starfox characters have this feature too on Lylat Cruise. But theres nothing like the codecs.

Inferno said:

Yeah Snakes codecs rock. Also on the gamecube controller quickly hit a then down taunt works as well. I liked Luigi's a lot too it was really funny. Falco's and Sonic's are funny too.

The Starfox characters have this feature too on Lylat Cruise. But theres nothing like the codecs.

yeah, it's actually double tapping down on the taunt. my brother told me it was 360 and I wrecked my thumb to try it on all of em, and now today he tells me how to really do it. the other funny one is when you do it with falco, you get slippy toad instead of one of the regular MGS characters. here's something cool with the codec: if you die while you still got the comlink going, the character your communicating with does the "game over" dialog from MGS.

Snake! SNAKE!! SNAAAAKE!!!!

VileSlay said:

I'm lovin it already. the only character I can care less about is olimar. I think he fails it unless you get his final smash. I'm lovin meta-knight. he's like a lil' walkin food processor.

Me and my roommate sing the synth hook from Timbaland's The Way I Are using "Olimar." Olimar Olimar Olimar Olimar.. etc. That's the only use we've found for him with Brawl.

Olimar is awesome, you just need to know how to use him. His pikmin can rack up some nice damage pretty quickly, his neutral grab has the best range out of all characters, his smash attacks have good range, and he has some great aerials. The only real major problem with him is his recovery. His up B is easily made useless by edgehogging, but I still think he's one of the better characters in the game.

Doom Marine said:

What the chorus is really singing in the Brawl intro...

LOL! now it's stuck in my head. the song is forever ruined for me.

lmao same here I will never look at this song the same again!

Thats interesting though, e.g. noob lol.