• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Metroid Prime 3

Mindless Rambler said:

my fastest I've ever been was 0:56.

I smell male bovine fecal matter.
Back on topic, there was a Metroid Prime 2?

yomoneyboat said:

I smell male bovine fecal matter.

It isn't that hard to do, anyone who's played it long enough and knows how to sequence break can do it.

if you read my post it was the first I played it in a few years. I wasn't using a guide or faq or any sequence breaking. I actually prefer to get 100% of item over finishing fast. yeah, I know you get samus coming out of the armor if you finish faster, but so what? BTW, when trying a speedrun, back in the day, my fastest time finishing was 1:26 w/ 70% of items.

Plonker said:

fascinating stuff, I dont have a clue what you are all on about but fredrik makes a good case. I am seriously thinking about giving that super metroid a go after reading his comments, if I can find a version for the pc that is.

Some people (Im not pointing my finger at anyone in particular Quasar) really need to get out a bit more. Getting all riled up just because someone doesnt like your favourite game is a bit silly especially if you do it in public, it all looks a bit juvenile. I see that a lot on forums (not just here) and at first it makes me chuckle but then I start to wonder what those folk are like in real life or if maybe they are just extracting the urine.

I'm not riled a bit. I just wanted fredrik to criticize the game on valid grounds and not because he thought the boss names were dumb. And I'll admit the Guardian thing was kinda silly and not very original :P But it didn't take away from the game in any meaningful way either :)

My above response is a civil conversation about various likes and dislikes. It's not the same as ego-injured fanboys arguing til they're blue in the face. I know fredrik's never been very crazy about the Prime games and I don't expect that to change :P

My best time in Super Metroid is still at 1:05. I used to care, but now that the world record is like 0:37, I've given up :P I'll never achieve that level of skill and perfection.

In other more on-topic news I've almost finished my Veteran run of MP3. It wasn't much harder. Only Mogenar and that bastard red-armored Space Pirate you fight in the tunnel were able to kill me. Gandrayda had me using up all my energy in Hypermode, though. I was down to three tanks left when she finally died.

point taken. Im a bit like vileslay, when playing any game Im more into grabbing all the stuff than getting to the end faster unless its a driving game or similar.