Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

I would definitely buy this game!

From http://www.armchairempire.com/Interviews/derek-smart.htm :

Derek Smart said:
A game is supposed to cater to our need to escape. I don’t want to jump down into a dungeon and run into a foul mouthed, axe wielding dwarf yelling "….c’mere you fucking prick! Am gonna shove this here axe up your ass and make you my bitch!!". Even if he doesn’t speak English. Do you?

Don't know about you, but I would totally digg such a game, if it existed :-D

I have to say I agree with the writer. I spend enough time at the office handling sexual harassment complaints directed at the special ed tourette's foreign exchange midgets with medieval sex fetishes employed as maintenance crew on the basement floor. I don't need that kind of crap during my "me" time.

Bloodshedder said:

Definitively or definitely?

I think I'll definitively go with definitely. Thanks for stimulating my rusty grammar and vocabulary!

Lol, Derek Smart. I like how he says that the best games are freeform "sandbox" ones, and then later on starts dissing MMOs.

udderdude said:

Derek Smart's treatment on Something Awful (back when they didn't suck) was hilarious.

http://rapidshare.com/files/62301989/desktop-commander.wmv

This is no longer on their site but still pretty funny/bizzare/etc.

I always loved the bit about the "satisfied customer" x-D who knows why he was moaning with such abandon...

Danarchy said:

Lol, Derek Smart. I like how he says that the best games are freeform "sandbox" ones, and then later on starts dissing MMOs.

I was under the impression that sandbox games let you do more than grind for uber armor or increase your cooking skill.

Bucket said:

I was under the impression that sandbox games let you do more than grind for uber armor or increase your cooking skill.

Perhaps, but I don't see how much more open-ended a game like his is.

leileilol said:

timeline

derek smart is not funny anymore

Thank you for sharing that wonderful piece of information there.

I had a good chuckle at that quoted sentence in the first post alone.

Danarchy said:

Perhaps, but I don't see how much more open-ended a game like his is.

His never ends so...just as much. The difference is, you don't have to pay to play and his world is a bit more dynamic. And much more detailed. And there's no such thing as quest bottlenecks.

The only problem is, the game is buggy as hell (Daggerfall is my tolerance point; BC3000AD is way buggier than Daggerfall). BC3000AD is a brilliant premise for its time but it's goddamned unplayable

Millenium is not, but you have to learn to play the game. It's learning curve is steeper than H&D.

I hadn't either 'til I bought Battlecruiser on a whim (big fan of Wing Commander: Armada, though this would be a great next step).

I really liked the idea, but the game was too hard to get into because of the mentioned bugs. The Millenium also allows you to get into foot combat as well, which is really awesome.

Ive never heard of him or any of the games mentioned here (whats an MMO?) but that foul mouthed dwarf game sounds like fun

chinese midgets or 'normal' ones??? ok I did a wee bit of research (very wee) are MMO's those vast multiplayer online games like the warcraft thingy in an episode of south park (has to be one of the funniest episodes)

I heard the patched version of Battlecruiser 30000AD fixed a ton of bugs and really showed the potential of what the game could do, but this was already after it had been derided endlessly by critics and gamers. I never did try the patched version, but I've been curious about it for the longest time.

Bucket said:

You dont need to grind for uber gear anymore in wow thanks to the arenas. Welfare epics for everyone is pretty standard fare nowadays.

Acidic Lamb said:

I would hate it if i got in a room with that dwarf unless i had something to defend meself.

Mithril underwear and some KY perhaps?