Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Computer help...

I just built a new PC, Core 2 duo blah blah....

So, I set everything up and turn on the power. It shows the motherboard startup screen and says to press either delete for BIOS setup or tab for a power test....

Problem is, the keyboard is not working. It is not receiving input. I tried both USB and PS/2 keyboards but nothing. I can't get past the mobo screen. Any suggestions?

I'm assuming the keyboards work on other PCS? Is the BIOS displaying an error about the keyboard?

USB Keyboard support is likely turned off in the BIOS - you would need a working keyboard to fix that thou O_o

On either of the KBs, do the numlock/capslock lights turn on when you press the buttons? If not, I would think there is something wrong with the board...

Yeah, that's the problem. The keyboard itself is working fine, but the caps, num, and scroll locks do not light up. Mobo problem right?

Fuck....it was a bitch putting that thing together. Fucking MSI....now I have to RMA that shit.

Sorry, I'm cussing so much. Just pissed right now.

I've seen some hi-end keyboards have weird jumpers on their back enabling/disabling PS/2 inputs. Maybe you want to check for that, too.