57 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing on Halloween?

• Participating in a halloween-themed event
    • Watching spooky movies
    • Giving out candy to kids
    • Receiving candy, and I am dressing as Batman
    • Nothing, I do not live in North America
    • I will work because my boss is evil

I know it's 15 days until halloween, but I wanna start the thread early.

To get you into the spirit, here's some awesomeness:

i-mockery.com always has interesting halloween stuff to check out. you can spend hours there.

http://sydlexia.com/halloween_pails.htm Here's information on those blasted McDonald's Pails from the 80s. Anyone here that is old enough should have memories of these.

And to make this post have some content itself: I give you the famous candy corn rant by Lewis Black:

"The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, candy corn. It's unbelievable to me. Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys to the villages and they collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it!! They wash it!

I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, "Here - Lewis, this is candy corn. It's corn that tastes like candy". Whee! NO, This tastes like crap! And every year since then, Halloween has returned and I, like an Alzheimer's patient, find myself in the room, and the room has a big table in it, and on the table is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it as if I've never seen it before. "Candy corn", I think. "Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait"...... Son of a bitch!!"

and here's a youtube video.

So, are any of you guys doing anything awesome for Halloween? Or are you going to turn your lights out? I will probably be handing out candy to the little kids and see what costumes they wear -- Costumes are a really good way of seeing what's "in" in the young world, since kids don't make their own costumes anymore.

well me and wifey are going to march in the NYC Halloween parade and then spend the night bar hopping. we're going as Sirius Black and Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. in the days prior I'm gonna hold my Winterfinding blot and wifey is gonna hold her Samhain sabbat and then we are gonna do an interfaith celebration.

I don't know what I'm doing this Halloween since it's on a wednsday and my friends and I got classes during the weekdays. But if we are gonna do anything it's probably going to be dressing up as either clowns/infected and paraiding nearby towns. If we can't do a costume we might just do a movie night. But this is if we do anything at all.

hopefully I will be shagging my girlfriend, not because its halloween, I dont really give a rats ass about halloween or any other christian/islamic/jewish/hindu/budhist/pagan celebrations I just like a good shag

Csonicgo said:

http://sydlexia.com/halloween_pails.htm Here's information on those blasted McDonald's Pails from the 80s. Anyone here that is old enough should have memories of these.

Heh, when I was young and would get sick my parents would put on of those buckets by my bed in case I had to vomit.

I'm taking my daughter out tricker treating, I'm not sure what she is going as yet, I might go and dress up as the doom marine again using my paintball gear! :)

John Smith said:

nothing

halloween is for children and retarded frat boys

Yeah... Or people with families. You need to chill out some times dude.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Yeah... Or people with families.

See children in above post. If you're talking about parents tagging along thats old people either doing their job and keeping their children in line (or making a pathetic attempt to), or its old people lying to themselves about the fact that the only thing youthful about them is the recent lump in their prostate. I crave your pardon for not remembering these people in my first post.

I have two options, given my neighborhood: give out candy or face the wrath of an egged/TPed/H-bombed house.

I dont go trick-or-treating anymore. Its a lot more fun to go to my friends house and scare the crap out of little kids (sometimes literally)

Bucket said:

I like candy corn. :(

I always hated recieving candy corn for halloween.
Even worse than that, one old guy gave me a miniature bag of CHEESE PUFFS. Yes, CHEESE PUFFS. I refuse to accept this, even from a geriatric.

yomoneyboat said:

I always hated recieving candy corn for halloween.
Even worse than that, one old guy gave me a miniature bag of CHEESE PUFFS. Yes, CHEESE PUFFS. I refuse to accept this, even from a geriatric.

PLEASE tell me you TP'd, egged, soaped, or did SOMETHING to his house after that!

Hell, even dingdong ditching would be a minor payback for that...

Steeveeo said:

PLEASE tell me you TP'd, egged, soaped, or did SOMETHING to his house after that!

Hell, even dingdong ditching would be a minor payback for that...

Worse than that... I called THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Actually, I ate the cheese puffs. They were good.

Is there a really good web site for kick ass costumes? I looked around a bit but didnt see anything spectacular. I want Doom, Terminator, Saw, Aliens, ect, some really sick shit! Any one have any good sites/stores they know for very realistic costumes/makeup???

yomoneyboat said:

I ate the cheese puffs. They were good.

You and my friends always have a bag of these by there pc desk, I used to laugh at this. They are the pc gamers munchies! :P I should take pics of this.

John Smith said:

nothing

John Smith Dresses up as Batman everyday so halloween is nothing new to him

Video of Candy corn rant. :D

There's an old couple around here whose son works for the local snack company Golden Flake. Every Halloween he'd get the fun size bags of cheeze-puffs and give them to the kids. Hell, one year he even gave away a party-size to a group with a bunch of kids. I'm sure they fought over who's bag it was after it was all over with.

Csonicgo said:

John Smith Dresses up as Batman everyday so halloween is nothing new to him

By his pointless posts I would not doubt it. :P I was wondering if any one has heard anything about a real Quake/Doom marine costume, I'm sure some one has to make one!? My searches have not really turned up anything worth the time to check out... :/ I geuss if worst comes to worst, I will try and make my own. My daughter thinks this idea would be coo.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Is there a really good web site for kick ass costumes? I looked around a bit but didnt see anything spectacular. I want Doom, Terminator, Saw, Aliens, ect, some really sick shit! Any one have any good sites/stores they know for very realistic costumes/makeup???

try The Halloween Adventure. I go to the store they have here in NYC and they have great stuff. it's where I got the makeup for my zombie last year and the shoulder armour for my dark warrior gear. they have a full range of makeup and costumes from the cheap and cheesy to the elaborate and expensive. don't know how extensive the webstore is, but they gotta have good stuff on there. also Rubies has a ton of stuff. the only other sugestion I have is use what you already have at home or check out flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales. the best costumes are ones you make yourself.

On Halloween itself I shall be back in England, totally ignoring the fact that it is Halloween, apart from hoping no little brats come to the door trying to scrounge some sweets.

The Saturday before though, I'll be at a Halloween party in New York, thinking it is awesome. So I chose the first option in the poll.

I'm probably going to be at a Halloween party. I got a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to make cookies there for people to decorate. Hehe.

On Halloween, I'll be returning from a GWAR concert, and then getting tore up at numerous parties.

No awesome costume comes to mind. Right now, I'm just planning to dress up as Michael Graves.

John Smith said:

nothing

You need a wake-up call, my friend.

In short, Halloween is basically the Pagan new year celebration, even though there's a winter holiday that the Christians raped and turned into "Christmas".

Too few options and it should be checkboxes.

Missing options include:
Going to a party
Going to a punk show
Getting into a fight
Celebrating Samhain and/or Mexico's Day of the Dead (Nov. 1st) instead
Some general or specific mischief

Me and the boys usually play some practical jokes. Hilarity usually ensues. Usually.

thats right bitches i dress up as batman. daily. i also have a car i call the batmobile, a cave with a load of old mainframe terminals connected to my mansion and a pubescent boy i dress up in tights and molest all the time.

alternatively i'm right and you're afraid to admit it. cson is just jealous because i found a better robin than him.

Gokuma said:

Too few options and it should be checkboxes.

Missing options include:
Going to a party
Going to a punk show
Getting into a fight
Celebrating Samhain and/or Mexico's Day of the Dead (Nov. 1st) instead
Some general or specific mischief

most of those would be "participating in a halloween-themed event" which would be anything to do with the stuff that happens.. "around that time".

Adam West said:

thats right bitches i dress up as batman

QFT

I go to college, and Halloween is the high holy day of colleges everywhere.