Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have released a new singleplayer level for Doom 2 named Another Bloody Chapter which replaces MAP28. It requires a limit removing sourceport.

Note: There is a bug in the Red Key room that causes some bleeding with the floor texture with the star. I've uploaded a new version of the map which fixes the problem but you're more likely to get the older version and if so put up with it. The new version should be added to the archives soon.

I nearly named this level Selfish7.wad

Get it here; http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15131

I have also uploaded a few other maps but they aren't as serious as PC_ABT.

This is probably my last major level. My next release is going to be a 32 level megawad named Whispers of Satan with all new original music which is about halfway done. Me and Kristian have been working on it for nearly a year. Once that is released I'm retiring!

pcorf said:

This is probably my last major level. [/b]My next release is going to be a 32 level megawad named Whispers of Satan with all new original music which is about halfway done. Me and Kristian have been working on it for nearly a year. [b]Once that is released I'm retiring!

heh ... we've heard that one before ;)

It was pretty good.

I played it on ultraviolence with Zdoom.

Had good looks to it and I enjoyed playing it.

Only problem I had is that I always seemed to run out of ammo.

Other then that it was quite the good level.

Keep up the good work :)

pcorf said:

Once that is released I'm retiring!

I doubt it. This may sound comfy and soft, but I'm rather sure you aren't going to do anything as worthy afterwards, thus you'll return to more Doom mapping...

printz said:

I doubt it. This may sound comfy and soft, but I'm rather sure you aren't going to do anything as worthy afterwards, thus you'll return to more Doom mapping...

I have always wanted to continue my selfish series. But its hard to come up with ideas.

pcorf said:

Once that is released I'm retiring!

That's too bad, I really enjoy most of your maps. If not only for the all new original music that they come with. (Most of the time)

Well, time for me to check this map out.

Really liked this one, very intense. Played it many times, the 2 knights and now the red key room killed me most, still didn't finish it. I didn't notice ammo shortage but I use monster kill in the blue key part: Let the knight fight it out with the imps/revenant and the baron with a cacodemon.

The gameplay is somewhat linear, fighting a few monsters at a time, so if one of them tags you you may have to start over doing the whole linear sequence again which subtracts from replay value, but it is more fun with saves. A couple of medkits are in forced-to-get positions (one right near a switch and one right on a platform); I'd prefer placement where you can avoid and not waste them if you want. You can repeatedly open and close the blue door just a crack and kill most of the enemies inside with infighting. Maybe in the cave area the imps should come in twos because you tend to try to line up 2 to be colinear and take them both out with one blast of the double barrel. The first archvile is pretty challengeless because its so easy to hide from the blast. The 2nd one is more interesting; I just went straight up and killed him with double barrel but maybe there should be a pillar or something behind him so you can hide behind it and aren't forced to take a blast sometimes, or maybe have a rocket laucher right before him. I recommend trying to design the level to be interesting from both a max kill and speed run attempt; as is, a speed run is too hard I guess because of limited space; you're sort of forced to take them out one by one. The last 2 arch viles were also pointlessly easy; maybe they should appear outside their cage and maybe you get a rocket launcher down in the lava. There were like 4 radiation suits but you pretty much don't need any of them. When you get the first key, maybe put the double barrel where the mancubus starts because its time consuming killing a baron of hell with single barrel and he's blocked inside so can't open that door (only the mancubus/chaingunners open it from the outside occasionally to possibly cause infighting with the baron inside. Maybe the cacos/lost souls should come out when the bridge goes up; as is they're pointlessly avoidable. Also those side areas in the cave are time consumingly easy and avoidable since you waste as much ammo killing them as you receive in there. One cool but simple visual thing was the black colored part under a slab of stone making it look like there's space below it. Through the yellow door, the guys on the upper side ledges should maybe be harder like chaingunners. ALso in that one part when you flip two switches and two hell knights appear below; they appear right below the lift in a position to easily kill you with no room to manuver but you can guide them out the door by just staying up there a bit longer. I don't know maybe make them appear out that door in the first place.

Gah! Use paragraphs man! The Enter key is your friend.

Anyway, I found this to be a pretty decent wad, much replayability value!

Steeveeo said:

Gah! Use paragraphs man! The Enter key is your friend.

LOL!

Hey I enjoyed playing your map too dude. I only recently played selfish5.wad and enjoyed it even better. How many in the selfish series did you make? I'll have to check the rest of them out. I love to see those Doom1 textures.

Nebula-Kristian said:

This is a good, solid & consistent map with a fair amount of challenge & good looks. I liked it quite a lot.

i'm totally agree with you, mr Aro. I wrote it also in the votes section in \idgames. BTW this isn't xerox, the best hell wad evar!