Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Colusio

Question about zombie outbreak

How do you run it? The text file says to run it from the zip file but that doesn't work good. I'm missing all the resources and no attack happens.

Are you using GZDoom? If not you'll NEED to have that and also have the GL renderer on (options -> video mode -> renderer) and models enabled.

Then just drag the zip into GZDoom or use your favourite launcher to open the zip.

This is pretty standard for all GZDoom wads (there's quite a few in the making now so i'd get used to it)

Thanks, I'm using gzdoom 2.1.7, the latest, renderer is opengl. But I can't find an option about models. Zdoom and gzdoom share the same folder if that matters.

Hmm I can't check right now but I think it's a cvar. Try typing "r_models 1" or "r_drawmodels 1" on the console. By default it's on so it should work.

Edit: Oh and it might be in the display options in opengl settings. Try there.

I didn't find and I don't think the cvars and options exists.
But thanks I didn't know gzdoom and more importantly for me prboom(+) can run without extracting doom zip files. Makes a whole lot of difference in managing my wad collection. What I did wrong was open the zip file and then start the wad.

ZDOOM is 2.1.7, not gzdoom. There is a difference, make sure you are using the right one.

another thing you can do is just drag the zip file on to the gzdoom.exe icon. works fine fo me like that. pretty fun level BTW, but quite short.

Thanks! I would have made bigger/more levels but it was too much hassle trying to get the zombies to do what I wanted. For example, i've added a few lines near the stairs which cause the zombies to hate some hidden actors to "aim" the zombies upstairs because you could just hide in the corner until the chopper came. Even though there's more chance of them getting their asses up there you can still hide up there :(

Also I kinda suck at mapping in general so I doubt i'd be able to make a big map for it (like a mall or whatever). Leilei suggested I make it work on any map by spawning the zombies around randomly of any map. Might be fun for ST survival or something.