Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well it was meant to be kept secret but what the hell I suck at keeping secrets, well lets get to the point I am working on an megawad for plain doom2 format the maps do need an limit removing port cause they have quite alot of detail no pointless detail imo.

I've started working on it not too long ago since I've got no community projects going anymore this will become my main focus, its going to be alot of work getting 32 maps done its actually my second attempt at creating an megawad the first attempt failed because I was unexperienced with mapping when I started on it and I lost interest on it eventually.

This time it will be different I will keep fighting that beast until I've got 32 maps done, I've chosen for plain doom2 format cause I would like to keep it classic so no port stuff I've got one map almost done now and I was thinking of using that Inner Fear map I have also but I'm not too sure about that one yet.

Ok some shots from map02 its an small non linear map which turned out alot better than I had expected it uses 90% stock doom textures and 10% custom ones the custom textures are all based on original doom textures keeping the doom feeling is very important for me so don't expect to see textures from other games.

I've put alot of effort into thinking up an cool layout I made an bunch of simple drawings first then decided to make it in db, this map is very non linear.At first it was meant to be an simple linear map but it turned out different which I find pretty cool well lets wrap this up I hope you like the shots.I know the sky needs to go I had little luck finding an good replacement so far I need an cloudy one which tiles very well on the Y axis.

Quite an ambitious project but you are one of the few people that I know can actually produce a megawad and not just a lot of chatter about it.

The screens are, as always, very cool.

Good luck.

150*120 pixel dimension screenshots do not do your pictures justice. I can tell that they are interesting, but I can't tell any more. However, based on the quality of your recent releases I expect your new project to rock. [But a 32-map megawad? You must be loco to try it all on your own.]

This sounds awesome. Those screens are cool too. I have enjoyed all of your work, and i especially enjoy classic styled maps and stock textures.

Dutch devil, is the status bar face original?

Anyway good luck (or "good patience", really, as I don't think you need luck to pull it through).

ReX said:
150*120 pixel dimension screenshots do not do your pictures justice.

LOL DUDE WTF THUMBNAILS

[But a 32-map megawad? You must be loco to try it all on your own.]

Like John Lennon, he's not the only one!

myk said:

ReX said:

150*120 pixel dimension screenshots do not do your pictures justice.

LOL DUDE WTF THUMBNAILS

It happened because Rex wasn't logged into Doomworld when he looked at the post. (He waited until he replied to log in).

The Doomworld admins disabled images for guests; Doomworld's forum software (vB) is stupid, and instead of taking what the image was linking to and making that the link that guests see, it makes the image displayed in the post(in this case the thumbnail) a link.

Thanks guys for the support the status bar face its not my work if I can find out who made it I will credit him, if the person don't want me to use it I'll remove it I try to do as much stuff myself but there are some things I just lack the skills for like making that status bar face.

I just found the marine wearing an helmet to be pretty cool and fitting for my megawad.Yes I must be pretty loco to do it all by myself and luck isn't what I need its more an matter of having huge amounts of patience and just don't give up on it.

I really want this so bad my own megawad with 32 high quaility maps its something that I always wanted to make I failed at making it the first time and it still bugs me that I gave up on it I don't like losing :p

Yeah chatter about isn't getting it done just start doing it :p it will take me an long time though an couple of years or something but thats okay I take my time for it.

Good luck, I really like all of your maps so looking forward to this (even if it does take years ;)).

Heh reminds me, I should work on mine some more at some point :P

Heh, looks really nice Dutch, if you really bust out 32 maps this will be one of the first mega-wads in a while that I have seen completed by just one person.

A megawad huh? Sounds awesome. :) I hope you give us a variety of themes, similar to Scythe 2.

I'm sure there will be some very interesting maps in this megawad. Those screenshots looked very original. You have clearly got your own style and you stay true to it. I wish there will be some good hellish maps in this too. :)

Good luck with your work on this!

Good luck dutch! Good to see you in form again :P heh i always wanted to do megawad too but any attempts always failed...... i hope in future i'll do my own megawad, btw screens do look indeed nice

There will be hell maps of course I'm pretty good at those and they are my favourite theme.

One episode will have tech maps one with hell maps and the other I'm not so sure about yet maybe something of both like the first episode is tech the second will be hell and the third would be some mix between tech and hell kinda like in doom3.

Map01 will be an snow themed map I've never done one before so this would be my first one.Playtesting map02 went okay finished the map on UV lowest health was 8% exited the map with 14 shells and 290 or so pistol/chaingun ammo.

It still needs alot more playtesting one playthrough isn't enough it usually takes me an couple of tries to get gameplay better and some other things pop up sooner or later.

It would be awesome to play a megawad by the Dutch Devil. Maybe some new original music by Paul Corfiatis would be a lovely addition. :D

Looks impressive.

BTW I think Neoworm did the status bar face, or at least I saw it on his web site.

dutch devil said:

You won't be dissapointent then :p most of my favourites come from Udoom.

I might still spring a surprise though.

Make it 10 or 20 levels max so it will be done sometime this century...like I should talk.

Use3D said:

Make it 10 or 20 levels max so it will be done sometime this century...like I should talk.

Dutch Devil is actually a robotic map-making machine, so there's no reason to have a cap really.

Use3D said:

So how is your megawad going along? Are you making classic Doom2 styled levels, or am I thinking of some other mapper?

I've always liked your levels, BTW.

It will be 32 maps no less I've done an bunch of mapsets in the past so I'm not really interested in making another one 32 maps is in my book and proper megawad anything less is an mapset thats how I see it.

Not sure about an name yet i'll probably come up with another dumb name :p

I'd be happy to test whichever number of maps you throw at me, if you need help in that area.