Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'd be happy to have you as an playtester :) I plan on releasing an one map demo sooner or later.

Oh btw which texture looks the best I want to use one of them for the outside walls in map01.

Screenie of starting room in map01:

John Smith said:

IMO having huge black mspaint lines doesn't look sexy either way. But given a choice I pick texture #1

Wow you are sure to point out flaws on peeps stuff. Lets see you do better...
@ Dutch
I say the top one dude, it has more of an aged look to it! The other one would look good in a new school tech base style level.

Thats an whole lot better thats my texture? hard to believe it is just an bit of extra work makes it look so much better.It really looks aged now and I like it alot I'm going to use it if you don't mind it should fit perfectly with my snowy areas.

Those lines aren't mspaint lines but taken from the MFLR8_1 flat and I used FLAT5_4 for the concrete just dicking around with doom textures :p

Worked yesterday and most of today on map01 it turned out alot bigger than I first wanted to it will be an short map no keys will be needed to exit this map.

The areas in the shots aren't finished yet it still needs some finer details and I'm not too sure if I'm going to keep the antenna type thing (visible in the middle shot) it looked nice on my drawing.

Its supposed to be an abandoned uac outpost surrounded by glaciers I think it worked out nice its my first snow themed map.

Wow, that looks awesome. :) I'd say keep the antenna, though it looks too blue imo.

@Vegeta I can try your suggestion it does fit nicely with the bricks :p I'm going to use alot of tekgren in my inside areas so it doesn't turn out too gray.

Ice levels FTW!

Seriously, this looks like it will be very cool. I personally can't wait to play it. I agree that the antenna thing is neat but a bit too blue.

Update still working on this in case some of you thought I lost interest in it.

Sorry for the dark shots I got two maps done the third is in progress, the shots are from map03 it will be an toxic waste refinery top shot is only halfway done it took me hours to get the architecture exactly like I wanted to I still have to build the rest but the part you see there is done thank god cause it was an bit of an pain to create with all those overlapping sectors.

The bottom shot is the starting room.

This is looking very awesome. One suggestion I have, though, is to use light transfers for the octagon light beams underneath your ceiling lights, so that they don't light up the ceiling as well.

Can't do that its for plain doom2 format, that format doesn't have that light transfer stuff.

Maybe I should just go for boom format, sucks that I can't decide :p

if i were you, dutch, id just stick with the plain doom format and do some shadowcasting, you know when you raise/lower a sector and leave it untextured and have different light levels, you know that trick, right? try that.

Dutch Devil....I can safely say that this is a 10/10 out of what I have seen so far. I really like it. If you need a playtester, I'd be happy to help =). Also the ice theme is absolutely outstanding.

Yeah of course I know that trick, not sure if it works like it should on all ports I think a few ports mess it up.

No need for playtesters at this point I will contact an couple of people personally and ask if they would be interested in helping me out there are a few on my list allready I hope they will help.

Finally this room is done this is the end result I had to mess around with some doom textures in winpaint to add the nukage slime onto the bottom I'm glad I did that it looks very cool imo.So far this map is an pain in the ass to work on slow progress this is actually my second attempt I ditched the first designs because they were too symetrical and had far too much copy and paste I think this is better.

Hope you like well onto the next room to build :p

More progress I'm working on the outside areas on map03 I think its looking pretty decent the areas in these shots are not done yet.I hope its no problem that I bump this old thread.

This is looking really, really good Dutch. Surely this will be competing along with my upcoming project WOS.

Sexay stuff Dutch! I only hope you can make it to 32 maps, because if so that end product will be too epic for this community to handle. Makes me wish I could map like that in regular Doom format.

Can't wait to see more!