• Lead singer
    • Lead acoustic / e. acoustic / e. guitar
    • Ryhthm acoustic / e.guitar
    • Bass guitar
    • Drums
    • Keyboards
    • Backing vocals
    • Lead singer w/ accompying instrument
    • Secondary singing (like for bands that have a male and female lead, etc.)
    • Misc. instrument

alexz721 said:

Cool. What are their names.

A "Dean; Eagle one", Electric bass. And a Finnish "Landola", acoustic bass with a soundbox.

kristus said:

A "Dean; Eagle one", Electric bass. And a Finnish "Landola", acoustic bass with a soundbox.

Actually, I was making a joke that your statement could be misinterpreted as you owning two lead singers.

On topic, I need to buy a bass.

alexz721 said:
I was making a joke that your statement could be misinterpreted as you owning two lead singers.

Well, one is called "Dean". It could be that T/nC guy...

Mancubus II said:

I am an instrument of MASS DESTRUCTION

So how's the compressor board working on you?

i play:

drums
synths
drum machines
samplers
vocals
turn tables

i was in punk/hardcore bands through to the end of highschool. then i started a solo project, C.C.O. (crumbling cliff orchestra), while studying analog and digital synthesis in college.
i'm finishing up my second release as C.C.O. at current.
i play the drums for a shoegaze-y band named Vera Violets and i play the drums for a southern-rock/hardcore band named Devil Swamp Militia.
i also perform as byron lag, dj'ing and creating live-PA soundscapes fairly regularly.
i hope to one day finish my first doom .wad and then continue on another.

Lüt said:

So how's the compressor board working on you?

It's working great. It's actually being put to good use these days.

Why do you always ask me this whenever you notice my presence? :P

i listen to a lot of classic rock. but jazz is the true american music. thus i play clarinet

Bass guitar and upright bass (i play both). I enjoy the bass because of its soft yet powerful sound, and the fact that it is the bridge between guitar and drums because of its unique ability to play both notes and percussion (slapping and plucking). If you need any reason why bass is fucking awesome, i suggest you listen to this man or this man

yomoneyboat said:

Neither of those men are this man.

Compared to that victor wooten vid, that's pretty lame.

I mean wooten plays amazing grace with harmonics while accompanying himself on the lower strings. That's pretty rockin.

The slapping/popping bass guy shows a hell of a lot more skill than your chap too.

As for the point of the thread, i currently play drums in a band and played bass for a while in another band. I also try to play the guitar, but i need way more practice before i'd call myself even close to good.

I heard of Victor Wooten before, but that youtube Skadoomer posted was... really a masterpiece. Truly using some of the more technical aspects of the Bass Guitar in an artistic, moody way.

On the note of these bass Guitar Gods...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JKAbY3fcEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcbSjC9tAY8

Oh yeah... this song has 200 time signature changes in it and it's generally insane for each instrument playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhedP71N9gQ

and finally let's not forget good old Yngwie... especially considering the age of this performance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-lhijI2Y-k

well i already play drum set in the band i'm in, and i wouldn't wanna play anythin else...love the drums! and Neil Perat is my idol

Bass tuba. A friend and me went visiting another friend who was then studying and in his exams.
He went to sleep, we got really drunk and found the bass tuba in his apartment.
I also invented some song names for a band Daau when they were signed by sony.
"A sin so nasty" which is an anagram for Sony is Satan and "A radical chinese Duke" an anagram for Laurence is a dickhead. Sony's artistic manager that supervised the band.

yomoneyboat said:

Who?

Rock and roll hall of famer, won drummer of the year over 10 times, he's the drummer in the band Rush...if you want to know more there's always Wikipedia

AgentOrange said:

Rock and roll hall of famer, won drummer of the year over 10 times, he's the drummer in the band Rush...if you want to know more there's always Wikipedia

No no, I know who he is. I was just being a jerk because you spelled Peart wrong.

This thread is full of misinterpreted jokes. Such quality reading, it's rare you come across a thread as amusing.

As for me, I haven't played an instrument until the past year, and that's piano/keyboards. I've been teaching myself. However, I've been composing digitally for far longer. Here are some (outdated) examples of my tunes:

myspace.com/hauntedera ---> for the metalheads.

myspace.com/xntp ----> for.... I don't even know.

For MoUAC: Exigency, the ante has been upped. There are many orchestral pieces, the level of production is higher, there is some cool electro stuff, and the songs are being handled by three different people, me being one of them. MUSIC MAKES YOU SMARTER, SO PLAYING MOUAC IS LIKE EDUCATION!

And we all love education kids don't we!!! :D

AgentOrange said:

Rock and roll hall of famer

Mike Portnoy, drummer of Dream Theater, is the youngest person EVER (at 37 years of age, Neil Peart is second youngest) to be inducted into modern drummer's hall of fame (well the drummer version of it).

The other day I was invited to a party with coworkers and they had a bunch of guitars at their place. Two of them started wailing on theirs and later I was playing on another of their guitars and I was amazed at how I could get some tunes out of it so easily. I think I might buy myself one and learn it.

I'll learn to work the saxophone,
I'll play just what I feel,
Drink scotch whiskey all night long,
And die behind the wheel.

They got a name for all the winners in the world,
I want a name when I lose,
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide,
Call me Deacon Blues