Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Dark Mod Teasing

The Dark Mod team made an update over at Doom3World stating that they have uploaded a new gameplay video of their TC/Editing package The Dark Mod. However, coupled with the video is a rather juicy disclaimer.

1. This was an internal video made by Dram, but we decided to package it up and release it publicly.
2. Everything you see is a Work In Progress. Nothing has been completely tweaked or finalized.
3. You will notice plenty of glitches. (particle effect issues, some footstep sound problems) We’re aware of them.
4. The AI are nowhere near finished.

Anyway, it's available in two formats, one being low-res Google Video, and the other being a high-res AVI file, which weighs in around 50MB.

Hah, fp.

I'm actually quite interested to see how this mod turns out, I've not really been keeping much track of it, but it looks quite nice.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Mod. I hope it gets enough support from level authors. That teaser looks good even though it does show off quite a bit of jumping and ledge crawling - something that annoyed me in a few Thief levels and FMs. Mind you, that could be because the Dark Engine's physics and collision detection made it particularly and frustratingly difficult at times.

This mod seems like a natural fit for Doom 3's lighting system. I'm definitely keeping on eye on this.

Good to see progress on this. I've always felt this mod had a lot of promise, and though they still have a ways to go before the end product is finished, i don't see anything left of doom3 except the dark.

The dark mod will be great. I will certainly map for it. It will have an included campaign, but from what I can tell (I've had an opportunity to map a bit for it already actually) it is being designed as a set of tools for you to create your own neat thief missions!

Thanks for the kind comments! :)

Just wanted to clarify. We won't have a campaign released with the editing tools, but rather several playable maps built by our beta mappers.