Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

ZDoom Handgun

as everyone is probably aware, im making a weapons mod for ZDOOM. im making a really powerful handgun using DECORATE, but my problem is that it gibs everything i shoot. i want to make this so that it kills everything with one shot (there's a reason for this) i have the the +NOEXTREMEDEATH flag, but my monsters still gib. how do i fix this problem? my monsters all have the same gibhealth at 50, but their normal health varies from 10 to 200.

Could you finish the black void gun?

Sorry I don't handle DECORATE.

ZDoom's damage is now inflicted by the puff, not by the weapon; so you should place the +NOEXTREMEDEATH on your handgun's puff.

The change was made to fix inappropriate death sequences when a monster was killed indirectly -- for example, if your gun was causing freezing death, and you telefragged a monster, it wouldn't be gibbed but frozen. Or if your disintegrator exploded a barrel, and that barrel explosion killed a monster, the monster would be disintegrated. The logic of checking the player's selected weapon rather than the direct cause of death was faulty.

Gez said:

ZDoom's damage is now inflicted by the puff, not by the weapon; so you should place the +NOEXTREMEDEATH on your handgun's puff.

thank you for the helpful information

Might actually be a refreshing change from the usual stereotype that the handgun is the weaker gun.

Infinite Ammunition said:

just let the gun do 1 damage and give all the monsters 1 health?

this is a zombie mod, but i wanted all my guns to be practical in some sense (waste no weapons.) each weapon is equally useful. to compensate for the long reload time and small clip, it is the most powerful gun.