Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What do you think about the Crysis DEMO?

Well i just played the demo, and i have mixed feelings about it. For starters, i have a GF 8800 GTX, 2GB RAM and a AMD 64x2 4200+ duel core CPU and yet i have to play at medium detail! The gameplay is good at first but then the hole thing became like move from A to B to C and
and so an forth. I will probably not buy the game from what i saw in the demo. But what about you? Do you think the game is up to all of this massive amount of hype?

Its much better than I thought it would be. Although yeah, the performance is a real issue, I have to run it at medium/1024x640 for it to be playable on my 7950GT. Other than that though, it's just like Far Cry but actually good.

I thought it was great. gives you more options in how you tackle obstacles than Far Cry did. it looks great, even on the all-low quality I had to play it on thanks to my puny 2ghz cpu, but of course it ran rather badly (can't earnestly complain if you don't meet the min. specs though huh). I'll probably buy this game, but after I build my next rig (however far off that will be, I have no idea).

hardcore_gamer said:

The gameplay is good at first but then the hole thing became like move from A to B to C so an forth.

Sounds like Doom; sounds like something I would like.

It was dull. Slow moving, bullet-swapping with asians with superpower gimmicks among large terrain just isn't fun. It's worse than FarCry since it has 'next generation Halo gameplay' crapped on it, and it's painfully linear.

No, 'great tech' does not move my opinion on how games play. It still plays dull, and acts dull, and written dull.

Coopersville said:

Doom's levels differ from one another, this is just a huge jungle and a space ship from what i know.......

Coopersville said:

So basically anything involving weapons as well as progression of any kind is "like Doom"?

Linguica said:

hilarious "AI" video

D:

That is awful. It's obvious where Crytek's priorities were. I might just have to upgrade my computer for the horrific AI alone.

That video looks just like Far Cry (bugs included) with some superpowers and better character models. Glad they kept the horrendous voice acting as well. This is the game that people are upgrading their computers for?!

david_a said:

This is the game that people are upgrading their computers for?!

Don't deny it, this is game of the FUCKING CENTURY

I must say the enemies were highly reminiscent of Red Faction; they ran around almost aimlessly while shooting at you, shouting senseless English and taking an unnecessary amount of bullets to kill.

Linguica said:

Stupid Crysis YouTube

How did the stupid AI slip past months of playtesting? The AI is probably dumb on purpose to mock Asian people =(

Doom Marine said:

How did the stupid AI slip past months of playtesting? The AI is probably dumb on purpose to mock Asian people =(

Doom Marine said:

that's not all, you and your friends are dumb at manners too

chaos with a barrel (a red one of all barrels, you'd expect it for it to explode with all that tolerance)

Even Battlefield 1942 has better AI. Doom is an AI masterpiece compared to both. Oh and the visuals don't appear any more impressive than Battlefield 2 or even Battlefield Vietnam, but maybe it's just me.

Maes said:

Even Battlefield 1942 has better AI. Doom is an AI masterpiece compared to both. Oh and the visuals don't appear any more impressive than Battlefield 2 or even Battlefield Vietnam, but maybe it's just me.

kinda hard to judge graphics from blurry 320x240 videos no?

anyway, one last video to deal the seal, RIP AND TEAR

I take it back. This AI looks even worse than Far Cry.

Plus, I haven't even played the game and I'm already sick of seeing that choke-grab move.

It's the first scene of Star Wars, and you're Darth Vader, and the scene is some beach somewhere. Now repeat ad nauseum.

Better not give LucasArts any ideas...

Also, it really pisses me off to see that this game and other "nex gen" games will "best" run with four video cards connected together in PCI-e 2.0 slots ( good fucking god, why?). It's like they're catering to a very very narrow, basement-dwelling crowd. There is no reason to do this when your investment only lasts 6 fucking months.

That said, I've already had my taste of this game. From me to all the people on Digg and all the other "web 2.0" sites that bragged about getting a new liquid cooled computer with jet intake fans and other faggotry just to play crysis; due to the fucking ridiculous hype you bought into like the sheep you are!--then tell me I'm stupid for still playing the classics----- HA-HA! Now go and find a way to connect NVIDIA to the 9/11 conspiracy you keep hyping so you'll feel somewhat justified and not a big hypocrite in calling everyone "sheep" while being led yourself to spending so much money on a pretty paperweight to play shitty-ass games with glaring bugs, horrible AI and retarded repetitive gameplay. Maybe Ron Paul can liberate you from the evil Graphics card Illuminati. Don't think too hard about it though, you might cream your pants thinking about casting that ballot. That is, if you could vote.

PROTIP: Never visit Digg.com , it is complete faggotry.

Wow, I think I agree with nearly all of that.

Crysis: The Game That Brings People Together (TM)