Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What do you think about the Crysis DEMO?

myk said:

There are tons of things any insightful person can judge to a good degree given some input, without even really trying them. This game's already failing it by quite a margin given the insipid* setting/subject matter ("I'm teh chink killin' military man"), the comments here including yours, and the movies and screen shots I've seen.

At least, even if it were as fun as the average video game I wouldn't think it worthy of much time, and much less any financial support towards the people who made the game.

* Not only is it genuinely dull but also mingled with a clear touch militarist propaganda crap.

I can agree with what you say but at least you gave some info as to why you think the game isn't that great. Sure you can develop an opinion from reading what others say and by viewing media. There might be some element that was revealed that you just don't like and thus have a valid opinion. I think it would be better if somebody stated that they think the game is crap because they don't like the militarist propaganda crap or they find the whole jungle setting boring... or whatever, rather than just saying... I didn't play it / this game sucks. Sure you can dislike something or think as much before trying it, but in the end, the best way to find out is to try yourself.

Crysis has some interesting stuff and some things I would change. I would rather that you were playing a Korean and using Asian tech when the alien vessel / meteor thing lands and you're sent in to investigate.... with no American presence at all (no offense to Americans :p)

Doom Dude said:
Crysis has some interesting stuff and some things I would change. I would rather that you were playing a Korean and using Asian tech when the alien vessel / meteor thing lands and you're sent in to investigate.... with no American presence at all (no offense to Americans :p)

Uhh... So you basically want to remove all the fun bits?

Captain Red said:

Uhh... So you basically want to remove all the fun bits?

Ahhh you're probably right. It was just a random thought...

I just got farcry, its fun, I love the scenery and the water, the AI isnt brilliant but seeing as the bad guys are redneck mercenaries I dont expect them to be clever. I dont think I will be getting that crysis crap though, not even the demo.

Farcry was made in germany and has some american mercenaries as the bad guys, maybe a reaction against all the ww2 games out there with their not too clever german soldiers.
EA took over for the sequel and changed the bad guys to koreans or chinese, thats just plain childish and nasty. I wonder if they will remake 'redneck rampage' too.

This thread has inspired me to play Mercenaries again just so I can fuel air bomb the shit out of every Korean base, city, town and farm I can find while America, Fuck Yeah is playing on the radio.

Plonker:
Just wait until the genetically engineered monkeys show up. All fun will be drained from the game.

MasterOfPuppets:
Crysis is not the official Far Cry 2, but it's made by the developers of the first game and looks like practically the same game. Ubisoft owns the Far Cry brand and is making the second one themselves.

I like the trigons or whatever they are called, reminds me of quake a bit when they come at me. The game is a lot of fun and the 3d engine is awesome, Im even thinking of making myself a new level without bad guys that I can just have fun driving jeeps and boats on.