Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blarg

ZDOOM cameras and deep water

I've read how make deep water and security cameras in the ZDOOM wiki, but I still have no clue how to do this. I use Doom Builder, and am very confused, although I know if I put the thing "Deep Water" in a sector, it will have the low-gravity kind of effect I want. I need to know how to make a semi-transparent surface for my slime river, how to set up a security camera and how to make the screen for one.

id like to know how to use Aiming camera better.
I know how to use one. Mine work, but at the start of the level it says "aiming camera (tag #) cant find thing 0"
for every camera i have.
I dunno whats up with it. if anyone knows a fix for it.

For your deep water, i dunno about transparent flats, but you make the sector that you want as the "water" and make it deep enough.
create a dummy sector (and shape and size doesnt matter) and give a property to one of the sides as "transfer heights", tag the sector you want as water and set the line of the dummy sector's tag to match the water sector to it. Set the floor of the dummy sector the same height as the floor for the water, and the ceiling height as the surface for the water.
example and better description here
has a downloadable wad to see the example.

sorry for bad description, not good at explaining that one.

thx, your description and the web site really helped, but how do I have a camera in one room, and then be able to see what that camera sees in another room on a screen, like in KDIZD Z1M1?

blarg said:

thx, your description and the web site really helped, but how do I have a camera in one room, and then be able to see what that camera sees in another room on a screen, like in KDIZD Z1M1?

i beleive there is a special texture you need to define using the ANIMDEFS lump

to be more precise, the syntax for camera textures is as follows:

CAMERATEXTURE <NAME> <X-RES> <Y-RES> [<X-Scale> <Y-Scale>]

where <NAME> is the name which you have to use in your map, <X-RES> the horizontal resolution and <Y-RES> the vertical resolution of the texture. If you define <X-Scale> and <Y-Scale>, the texture gets scaled to fit that size,for example to get a resolution of 320 x 240 on a surface of 64 x 48, you'd use

CAMERATEXTURE CAMERA1 320 240 64 48