Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Inferno

Guitar Hero III

So yeah I picked up my copy yesterday, and it's quite fun. The new song list improved and bigger. The difficulty took a step up as well. I'm doing hard right now for the sake of getting (and completing) a song after the last faceoff before going to expert.

I didn't get the les paul controller since I already own an xplorer, 1 guitar is enough.

Anyone here play it yet?

I'm currently at the last tier on Hard.
Can't fucking beat Raining Blood.
Overall, Cliffs of Dover is my favorite song to play.
Stupid Link Account feature not working though, server overload :/

I picked it up yesterday morning, and just beat it on expert today. The final tier is just plain epic, though the boss fight was pretty damn easy. Now I'm working on trying to pass Through the Fire and Flames. I could probably get it if I could just get past that damn intro. >:(

Gonna get it when it comes out for PC on the 12th. Got to play my uncle's 360 one though. Riding on the success of the other 2 GH games, they were able to get a lot of really great songs (a lot of shitty ones too) and the Dragonforce song is a blast to play.

Three of my friends own it, so I don't necessessarily have the game, but I can basically play it whenever I want. Ehhh... It's a Guitar Hero game, so it automatically gets a 7/10, though I think I like the initial track list the most out of the four GH games available now, except for the bonus tracks, which almost all suck (minus In Flames).

They took out two of my favourite characters (Eddie Knox and Pandora), which not only irked me slightly, but also made my ponder why Neversoft / Red Octane doesn't just add a Create-A-Band feature. Wrestling games have had the create-a-player feature for a decade now, and those games deal with more complex sets of animations than the GH games.

Oh, and Career Co-op with Judy Nails and Casey Lynch (black hair) = Kittie. Yay, kind of.

Bah, I gotta wait a few more weeks. fug you europe.
And even then I'll probably just get the PS2 one - not enough monez for xbox360 and GH3, and im not sure my specs are enough for the PC version,

Inferno said:

1 guitar is enough.

Only if you're a horribly lonely a hated person that will never have even a single friend or loved one in your life.

Can't for the life of me beat the final boss song on Expert. Raining Blood was fucking hard enough as it is, and then you throw a pain in the ass boss battle into the mix. Other than that the game's pretty awesome. I loves me some Guitar Hero. I probably love it a little bit too much.

Looking forward to Rock Band more, though. Guitar Hero 3 is probably great for single player or with a friend, but Rock Band is gonna make for some awesome parties.

I got Freetar hero for the PC. Lets you add your own songs and plant the notes for em. And It wasnt until i downloaded that I realized how a keyboard can so easily be worked into being like a guitar.

You strum with the up and down arrow keys
1-5 are the colored frets
Spacebar is the wammy bar

I'll have to go to my friends house to play guitar hero 3 though, he's a guitar hero junkie.

JohnnyRancid said:

I got Freetar hero for the PC. Lets you add your own songs and plant the notes for em. And It wasnt until i downloaded that I realized how a keyboard can so easily be worked into being like a guitar.

You should get Frets on Fire, instead. It's also free, but has a much more professional look, and is more authentic to the GH format.

Some more stuff on Guitar Hero III:

• Looks fairly decent (not that the graphics in a rhythm game are all that important).

• The character animation is pretty good, aside from the drummer which moves like a fucking robot.

• The song list is pretty decent, I think. Lots of challenging songs, and a lot more variety than in Guitar Hero 2. There are some songs that I actually have trouble beating on Expert, which is nice.

• Online play is pretty awesome. I can actually play against people who are as good as me or better. I usually kick my friends' asses most of the time. :(

• I dunno, I think they ruined a lot of the characters. Again, not that important since you hardly ever get a chance to look at them while you're playing.

• Through the Fire and the Flames just broke my fucking fingers. Owww.

• The new guitar is nice. My only gripe with it is that the edges aren't rounded and it actually cuts off the circulation (moreso than usual!) in my left arm unless I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt or something.

kristus said:

Only if you're a horribly lonely a hated person that will never have even a single friend or loved one in your life.

Or if all your friends have the game, which makes it pointless to buy another guitar when everyone has their own, unless your willing to shit out an extra $40 bucks to take up more space at home.

Its raining blood by slayer is fucking nuts, well pretty much the whole last teir is nuts.

TTFATF is insane, but deffinetly fun to play and a good challenge.

AgentSpork said:

Guitar Hero 3 is probably great for single player or with a friend, but Rock Band is gonna make for some awesome parties.

Damn right.

AgentSpork said:

Some more stuff on Guitar Hero III:

• The character animation is pretty good, aside from the drummer which moves like a fucking robot.

Oh and you don't find the singer's huge ass jaw a bad thing? :P

My roomate excels in the majority of songs, but Dragonforce kicks everybody's ass.

Yeah. Some of my buddies are guitar players and from what I have seen and heard, if youre good at real guitar, you suck at guitar hero.

Every time I see the singer I see this with hair. I don't like what was done with all of the character models. I do enjoy some of the songs though. :D