Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

New Megawad: Whispers of Satan - website launched

From the same team that bought you 2002ADO. The official site for our upcoming Doom2 megawad "Whispers of Satan" (currently half way finished) has officially been launched. Head over there to view heaps of screenshots and the latest news of our new project.

UPDATE 9 MAR 08: MAP26 is now complete.

http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/map26-1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/map26-2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/map26-3.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/whispersofsatan/

WARNING: At Random times the website may not work due to some f@cked up problem with data transfer overflow so if you are having trouble just try it again after a few minutes. Its a problem with geocities, not my page.

What we've done so far
-----------------------
Map Author

MAP01 Pcorf
MAP02 Nebula
MAP03 Pcorf
MAP04 Nebula
MAP05 Nebula
MAP06 Pcorf
MAP07 Nebula
MAP08 Nebula
MAP09 Pcorf
MAP10 Pcorf
MAP11
MAP12 Pcorf
MAP13
MAP14 Pcorf
MAP15
MAP16 Pcorf
MAP17
MAP18
MAP19
MAP20
MAP21
MAP22
MAP23
MAP24
MAP25
MAP26 Pcorf
MAP27 Nebula
MAP28 Nebula
MAP29 Pcorf
MAP30
MAP31 Pcorf
MAP32 Pcorf

Nebula - Kristian Aro
Pcorf - Paul Corfiatis

These screenshots look amazing! I'd love to try this out as soon as it's finished. Some of those hell levels look especially cool.

It looks really neat. Two of the screenshots didn't seem work though. They were the ones talking about Gamarra's body bleeding and a radiation suit in Hell.

I enjoyed playing 2002:ADO and I have full confidence that you and your team will be able to bring the same fun and excitement that you did with 2002:ADO. I can't wait to play your new megawad.

daimonreloaded said:

geocities website is down

oops i'll need to come back in my steps, i finally seen all the website and the shots too. Very beatiful expecially the hell sky.

Now i hearing also "Storm Pit" from the myspace website of paul corfiatis\nemrac, very nice song (altougth dance music isn't my favourite style of music) oh, whatever there's the "Desperado" movie waiting me at tv. Bye.

I'm sorry for you people that cannot load my WOS page, come back and try later if not.

There is no way I'm going to waste my money on a domain name with all those hackers out there.

daimonreloaded said:

geocities website is down

Yeah it happens at random times.

Lizardcommando said:

It looks really neat. Two of the screenshots didn't seem work though. They were the ones talking about Gamarra's body bleeding and a radiation suit in Hell.

I enjoyed playing 2002:ADO and I have full confidence that you and your team will be able to bring the same fun and excitement that you did with 2002:ADO. I can't wait to play your new megawad.

I'm not 100% sure if it will be better than 2002ADO. Its almost impossible to make something what you call perfect. Just me and Kristian are working on this wad unlike 8 designers that worked on 2002ADO. The problem is with many different designers (like a Community Chest project) they stick to their own theme making the progression inconsistent. Our wad is to be set on Earth. You start in the usual UAC base like maps and your mission eventually progresses into Hell. Earthbase - Bricks/Medieval - Hell/Fire.

And yes Gamarra's Body can bleed in hell refers to the hanging torso texture in the left of that screenshot. Everytime I look at http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/ I see most people keep on poking out rubbish at Gamarra related wads especially with the latest votes. I think this voting system has caused allot of rubbish and thats why Gamarra's Body can bleed in hell.

Map31 and 32 are completed but there are no screenshots - they are secret levels and Kristian dosen't want them on the site.

Both secret levels were done by Paul. I think it's better not to show screenshots of them to spare the surprise. :) They wouldn't be very secret secret levels after showing screenshots of them, would they?

MAP28 is about 66% done and will be one of the biggest maps in the megawad.

Thank you for the positive feedback, people. :)

pcorf said:

I'm not 100% sure if it will be better than 2002ADO. Its almost impossible to make something what you call perfect. Just me and Kristian are working on this wad unlike 8 designers that worked on 2002ADO.

So you suggest that 2002ADO is almost perfect and I agree with that.
Since you two made the first episode and together 21 of the 36 maps 2002ADO, I don't agree with that second argument. I hope it will also feature new music with the usual eccentric influences.

Coldfusio said:

So you suggest that 2002ADO is almost perfect and I agree with that.
Since you two made the first episode and together 21 of the 36 maps 2002ADO, I don't agree with that second argument. I hope it will also feature new music with the usual eccentric influences.

Yeah, there will be all new music in WOS and it will be 100% original. I will compose most of the music but Kristian is also going to write a few of the songs too. Expect a mixture of rock influenced music with orchestral bits blended in.

pcorf said:

There is no way I'm going to waste my money on a domain name with all those hackers out there.

Hobbs has had multiple people (myself included) hosted on two different sites and we've never had any problems with hackers whatsoever.

except on the rare occasion when I do something to your database because you made fun of me :(

but I don't think its hacking when the webmaster does it.

John Smith said:

except on the rare occasion when I do something to your database because you made fun of me :(

a;lkjsd;oiaugaga;dfoi

The screenshots look amazing.

John Smith said:

:D LOL

Nebula-Kristian said:

Both secret levels were done by Paul. I think it's better not to show screenshots of them to spare the surprise. :) They wouldn't be very secret secret levels after showing screenshots of them, would they?

MAP28 is about 66% done and will be one of the biggest maps in the megawad.

Thank you for the positive feedback, people. :)

Thanks Kristian for butting in and having your word!

I'm currently working on MAP29 and I still think it will be a bit larger than 28. But all the other levels will be small to medium sized. In MAP29 you'll also have to find all 6 keys and then fight two Cybers in a tight space before you complete it. Also there won't be many secret areas in MAP29 maybe 4 or 5 in a level with with an incredible 18000 or so linedefs - this is to ensure the toughest and longest map in the entire wad.

Now an update to the progression of WOS.

Map28 is now complete and Map29 is about 98% done. Map29 has almost 17,000 linedefs and is my largest level ever and is pushing the Doom Engine towards its limits. It has over 27,000 sidedefs not far off the sidedef limit. I've been working on this map for about 5 weeks, sometimes its a very frustrating experience trying to make something this large particually when it comes to sorting out the gameplay.

Kristian plans to start working on Map26 next while I plan to start working on Map16.

Map29: Heated Trauma is completed!

27730 sidedefs
17107 linedefs
13928 vertices
2081 sectors
1267 things

Its my largest map with foghorn.wad my previous largest. Now its on to playtesting the damn thing - holy shite its huge!

I'm also planning on redesigning Paul's Doom Page and giving it a new look.

Community Chest 3 is completed - http://www.aldp.ws/5622/6464.html Map09 was made by me.

I've also released a new joke wad (Gamarra related.) - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15153

Butts said:

im definitely looking forward to this. map 29 better be a damn hard map too.

Its sure is hard as hell (if you're not careful). And is sure is as deep as you will get into hell.

pcorf said:

Map29: Heated Trauma is completed!

27730 sidedefs
17107 linedefs
13928 vertices
2081 sectors
1267 things

Its my largest map with foghorn.wad my previous largest. Now its on to playtesting the damn thing - holy shite its huge!

I'm also planning on redesigning Paul's Doom Page and giving it a new look.

Community Chest 3 is completed - http://www.aldp.ws/5622/6464.html Map09 was made by me.

I've also released a new joke wad (Gamarra related.) - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15153

I just played your map, on UV.
It's good, but the ammo could have been balanced a little bit better.
Good job though. I'm really interested in this megawad now.

Took me 15 mins on my first play through. Only found one secret (one with rocket launcher)

The WOS site has just been updated with 3 new screenshots of the soon to be completed MAP16

Your wad sound cool, I like screens of map12.
Btw, I saw that you use MAPINFO for change sky at each map, but wich skies will be used if we play it with other ports than Zdoom ?