Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MmM

Final Fight 2 Rolento

Rolento (as he appears in Capcom's Final Fight 2) mini action figure that I finished earlier this week. 19 points of articulation. 3.0 inches tall (without beret).

For comparison purposes, below are two images of Rolento. The first, on the top, is Capcom's official Final Fight 2 art for Rolento. The second, on the bottom, is Rolento's game sprite, tossing some grenades, taken from the Japanese Super Famicom version of Final Fight 2. You'll notice that there were some relatively minor cosmetic design changes in the translation to digital form (a baton, rather than a quarterstaff, as a weapon, the loss of the black stripes on the uniform, and color changes in the grenades/boots/inside shirt).

Webpage with more info (dimensions, materials used, background story, trivia, etc):

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/rolento.html

And here's a couple of new toy reviews for Marvel Legends (Annihilus Series) Hercules and G.I.JOE Sigma 6 Iron Grenadier:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/hercules_review.html

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/irongrenadier_review.html

I hated fighting this freaking guy in the elevator on the arcade. But this is a kickass figure, if there was an official toy of this guy on the market he'd probably look nearly identical to your model.

Seeing as this is the second FF character you made, are you going to make anymore? I will lmao if you do a fat guy, not that I think its dumb, but its a funny character.

Inferno: Actually, Final Fight was what I had originally planned to start my mini figure mania with (if you were to go back to the appropriate thread, and look at my sketches for the prototype mini figure, they depict Lucia and one of the goons, with Wolverine claws, from Final Fight 3). I was considering doing one of the fat guys from Final Fight 2, Elick. The tubbo runs around with two tuning forks hooked up to a battery he wears like a purse, that he shocks the heroes with. Currently, I’m considering of doing a figure from an old Taito arcade game, but I haven’t made up my yet on what my next figure will be (largely cuz I’m too busy playing some new PS2 games I bought).

Vileslay: I’m familiar with SOTA’s Street Fighter line, but I never knew they had a Rolento figure planned till now. The last new one they released, to my knowledge, was the exclusive Dan Hibiki. I read something about them revamping the line, to make it more anime-like, and that the next series would have Zangief, Dhalsim, E.Honda, and some others in it.

I remember Elick, god was he annoying.

But now that you mention it I think I do remember the thread with the wolverine guy and Lucia. Forgive me it was a while ago.

In my honest opinion, it could have been better however looking at your page I don't doubt one bit you could do better, the rest of your art in models and drawing are fantastic to say least.

Things can always be better, that's for sure. The arms are a tad too long (I intentionally made them 2 mm longer than the dimensions I used for Poison, which was a mistake) and the head/neck is too small/skinny. Proportions are still something I'm often inconsistent with. Joint design/implementation is always a work in progress as well.

More power to ya though, this was done from scratch, no Ken doll to replace the model. Rolento was my favorite character to use in SF Alpha 3.