Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Use

Hellgate: London

Anyone playing? It's great! The diablo 2 formula works very well in first and third person. So far the missions and the game are really fun. I'm also glad you can play the entire main game online without the subscription fee, which isn't a bad deal if you like the game.

I saw a couple trailers and thought it looked kinda lame. Then I saw a few screenshots that looked kinda neat, and figured it deserved a chance. Of course the moment I heard there was a subscription fee I lost all interest. This is a very lame trend emerging.

Darkfyre said:

I saw a couple trailers and thought it looked kinda lame. Then I saw a few screenshots that looked kinda neat, and figured it deserved a chance. Of course the moment I heard there was a subscription fee I lost all interest. This is a very lame trend emerging.

There's a subscription fee if you want any of the cool stuff. If you want it to be extra crappy, there's no fees.

Extra crappy? It's everything you get with the SP game, just online. Anyway I'm having a lot of fun with it in SP, multi unfortunately lags way too much to be playable for me, and they decided not to add LAN support which is pretty crap.

caco_killer said:

There's a subscription fee if you want any of the cool stuff. If you want it to be extra crappy, there's no fees.

That's a shitastic feature. Guess I'll just download for SP instead of purchase.

Darkfyre said:

Of course the moment I heard there was a subscription fee I lost all interest. This is a very lame trend emerging.

Yes as already stated, online and single player can be played for free, and you can subscribe for more ongoing content, which to me, is a perfectly good deal. Honestly from my perspective, as a huge diablo fan, I would see paying for that game had there been more boards, monsters, items and quests, so the subscription is there for people who want more from the game, which is a completely fine.

leileilol said:

It sucks

YOU suck leilei! And what the hell, I thought you'd like the game. Oh well, more for me.

YOU suck leilei! And what the hell, I thought you'd like the game.

Did you expect anything less for him? Seriously.

If i understand this, when i buy this spiffy product, i get a great single player experience and multi player comes free. But then i can throw additional money at the developers to "sign up" for what are basically micro-transactions?

I like this game alot. Also the $9.99 a month is not that bad if you want to pay for a subscription. I like being able to have new weapons, levels, monsters, skills, etc and helping a somewhat new game company out. Getting patches once or twice a month to keep things going and major patches once every three months. Its better than $15 and only getting a small update with very very few items ad changes maybe once every three or four months.