Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Duke Nukem 64 sprite Rips?

Is it possible to rip sprites from a Duke64 rom? i want to take one of the weapons and use it. the only problem is that i dont know how to get rid of the HUD in duke64, meaning that i cant get a good screenshot. can i get the sprite directly out of the rom somehow?

Also the duke voices were all retakes, some lines changed to totally different ones and alternates without strong swears.

There was also a convincing French duke voice actor for the french version

ok kaiser, one question. can i use a rom dumper to get this stuff?

It used the same sprite but those explosive shotgun shells were the cheapest FPS weapon ever. Hitscan weapon with explosive damage. I hated Duke Matches with my friend in that game for that weapon alone.

i managed to get the graphics using TR64_ogl. It was kinda of a pain in the ass.

@POTGIESSER, my shotgun in my mod is going to have explosive shells as a secondary attack.

@caco_killer, I dont like the build engine :P

kristus said:

Adapt and overcome!

Yeah no. He's freakishly good. I always used to kick his ass in the PC dial-up modem game days though. N64 controller isn't as elegant as the mouse and keyboard.

Wasn't the final boss of the N64 version polygonal, rather than a sprite? I seem to recall reading that in EGM.

And while we're on the subject, what about the PSX port (Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown), didn't that have exclusive sprites/bosses? Also, in EGM, I remember reading that version was supposed to have Pig Cops, etc. dressed up for PSX game spoof levels (Tomb Raider (Womb Trader), Resident Evil (Resident Weevil), Wipeout, etc).

Yeah an emulator plugin would be the best way to go. It's much easier to get these things out of the N64 video memory than it is to try to find them in the ROM, where they're probably compressed and/or stored in some format that's effectively as good as encryption as far as figuring it out goes, plus you may be able to find the palettes for the textures at runtime as well, whereas getting them from the ROM, they're bound to be just grayscale data that you'll have to colorize yourself.

POTGIESSER said:

It used the same sprite but those explosive shotgun shells were the cheapest FPS weapon ever. Hitscan weapon with explosive damage. I hated Duke Matches with my friend in that game for that weapon alone.

I actually had quite a bit of fun with friends playing the death match, and most of it was because of the explosive shells and dum dums. We played on the ship level. One person would grab a jet pack and they would be the bird. Usually armed with heavy weaponry, everyone else would usually have shotguns with explosive rounds or pistols with dum dums, and they would try to shoot him down. It was like duck hunt without that damn dog.

MmM said:

Wasn't the final boss of the N64 version polygonal, rather than a sprite? I seem to recall reading that in EGM.

And while we're on the subject, what about the PSX port (Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown), didn't that have exclusive sprites/bosses? Also, in EGM, I remember reading that version was supposed to have Pig Cops, etc. dressed up for PSX game spoof levels (Tomb Raider (Womb Trader), Resident Evil (Resident Weevil), Wipeout, etc).

Yes, the final boss was polygonal, and looked like crap. He was freaking huge, though.

As for Total Meltdown, the extra episode had challenging new levels, but none of them were spoofs of PSX games. In the last level, I recall the Pig Cops and the Cycloid Emperor had appearance changes to go with the fact that it was set in a club. Other then that, there was nothing new.

caco_killer said:

Yes, the final boss was polygonal, and looked like crap. He was freaking huge, though.

As for Total Meltdown, the extra episode had challenging new levels, but none of them were spoofs of PSX games. In the last level, I recall the Pig Cops and the Cycloid Emperor had appearance changes to go with the fact that it was set in a club. Other then that, there was nothing new.

Actually, the Pig Cops had different appearences in the fourth episode. In E4M1, they were dressed as Lara Croft, in E4M4 they were dressed as hitmen (Pulp Fiction), and yes in the last level, they were dressed as punks.

Episode 4 also had a few unique sprites and textures..

The maps were spoofs of psx games.

E4M1 is mocking Tomb Raider
E4M2 is mocking wipeout
E4M3 is mocking Resident Evil
***Memory missing on the rest***