Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Oh, the horror of even thinking this!!!!!!

Ya know, despite my hatred towards Bill Gates' Microsoft empire, I actually think the graphics for the XBOX kick ass. Other than that, I almost shun it.

To get this poll DOOM related, here's my question: What would you think if an XBOX version of DOOM came out?

well it's pretty obvious if doom 3 comes out on consoles as well as on pc most likely it will be on the X-Box, Carmack said that a while back ago. I don't blame him X-Box beats psx2 hands down. I'm still pretty sure Doom will show up on psx2 sooner or later.

yeah sure I've played Doom on every platform that's being going, hey I even played it on Sega 32X when a friend got that short-lived console. PSX kept me interested for awhile but in the end PCs are always going to keep up with the latest version anyway and besides you can piss around with the game then...
so Xbox could be the best version yet, I'd still come back to PC, and I sure wouldn't buy the darn machine just for (another) Doom...

I'd rather spend 1000 on updating my system instead of paying for a x-box to play doom. But if I can't manage to come up with 1k I guess I would settle for an xbox till I can get nuff for a new pc.

Well, when I first got to play an XBOX a few weeks back, I thought it was the finest console to ever be manafactured. The graphics were breath-taking, the music and sound kicked all kinds of ass......but the controller sucked. I just couldn't get used to it-and I played the damn thing for an hour at least. Then I realized that right beside it was a PlayStation2.
That about sums it up.
ì°ßy

um, doom3d's grapix ARE old school...

How so?

BTW, when I made that comment, I was talking strictly about DOOM, not in comparison with other games.

I'm waiting for the wars to settle down before making any major descisions about systems... wait to see who gets their throats ripped out first. And if some company does die..... it's system and games shall be liquidated and made afordable to the masses!

AKA: Damn, I don't care.... they're too expensive right now. $50 for one game? I can get three for the same price. Imports at that. BWAAA HAA HAAAA!

DooM on an X-Box.... scary indeed, as a real evil combines with one percieved.....

DooM on an X-Box.... scary indeed, as a real evil combines with one percieved.....

ok... and what console would you rather see it on?

ok... and what console would you rather see it on?

How about NONE.

How about NONE.

I don't see why not, it's gonna come out on the pc either way, and since pc's crash frequently wouldn't it be cool to still be able to play doom? Couldn't hurt to have that option could it?

Doom3 'll be massive on the X-Box,but it won't be as good as on a good/top spec PC.Joypads,even good ones always lack the finese of the mouse/keyboard combo,the main saving grace of joypads (and consoles) is that for multiplayer competition you have a level playing field-its the same for both players.
I also envisage a Doom/Doom2 'Turbo' Edition.Same gameplay as the originals but with mouselook and better graphics for X-Box etc. I reckon it would be a real moneyspinner for ID and if there's any reason they'd do it it would be for the $$$...

Magikal what you said above is common sence, but a down tuned version of doom3 is better than nothing.

Yup I believe a 'tuned down' version has already been mentioned for the XBox.I only hope Doom3 lives up to expectations,if it does it'll be Mega!

doom is dead,long live death!

that's my girl... ;)

CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK - CONSOLES SUCK -

Yeah, you heard me. Especialy the X-box, which sucks because:

1)Microsoft made it
2)Its too fukin big
3)All the games, from what I've heard, suck
4)Its a console
5)All the reports I heard about untits crashing in store, giving the ol' blue screen of death.

I'll stick with PCs any day. They have the best games, are easier to repair, and I've lived with 'em all my life.

But the Gamecube is really *cute*. Dammit, you can hold it in one hand! ONE HAND!

Yeah, you heard me. Especialy the X-box, which sucks because:

They may right now, but that's the problem with people and console systems these days; they never wait for good games to come out. They either: 1)Get it without testing it or 2)Say it sucks before they even try it out themselves.

All I'm saying is, think for yourself, and don't base every single one of your opinions on what others tell you.

Oh, and to Magikal or whoever else made a comment about Doom 3 coming out, I was actually referring to original DOOM if it came out right now. Sorry for being a bit ambiguous.

They may right now, but that's the problem with people and console systems these days; they never wait for good games to come out. They either: 1)Get it without testing it or 2)Say it sucks before they even try it out themselves.

Well, I've looked into it, and in the next year there are about 20 games for the PC, 5 for the Gamcube, and MYABE one for the X-Box that look interesting.

All I'm saying is, think for yourself, and don't base every single one of your opinions on what others tell you.

Right now, most everyone is telling me to get an X-Box. So nyah!

and since pc's crash frequently wouldn't it be cool to still be able to play doom?

What kind of PC do you have?

well hell, I'm getting XP soon, gonna see how that works. I'm not listening to any of you since half of the people say it's as shitty as ME and another half say it's the best Microsoft OS to own now.

well hell, I'm getting XP soon, gonna see how that works. I'm not listening to any of you since half of the people say it's as shitty as ME and another half say it's the best Microsoft OS to own now.

It is the best OS Microsoft made so far. That is if you're the type of guy who doesn't really use DOS. Altough DOS apps work here, even if you formatted into NTFS, you'll face sound/video problems you just can't fix.

I don't know what's wrong with your win98s...I've had win98 for a while, and I hardly ever get crashes or freezes...except for recently, but thats because weird signals were coming through my cable modem, fukking with my computer...so that doesn't count.

it was probably win98 making those noises and just trying to make you think it was your modem...