Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icarus

Doom RPG for PC

Has anyone made a version of Doom RPG (The one for Phones) for a PC source port?

If Yes: Is it good and can you link me?

If No: How possible would it be to make one?
I've been playing it a lot and it seems like it could be good on PC.

With clever scripting would it be possible to:
Capture Hellhound class monsters with the dog collar?
Passcodes to open doors?
NPCs you need to talk to?
Credits and item purchasing consoles?

Sod the turn based stuff and the squared movement.
Make it a proper Doom FPS, but following map layout and core elements of the RPG.

If there was a PC version of Doom RPG for sale, I'd probably buy it. I never got a chance to check it out (my phone is an ancient piece of shit).

I made an adaption of two or three maps, yet it's only the map structure, no texturing work, but same texture used in all walls. The result looks very cramped not worth to look at :(

I'd love to see an adaption. Kaiser is probably the most capable person to do the job, but I doubt he could be interested.

I was actually interested in making a remake of it.

I'd be well up for doing the mapping and some DECORATE for the extra monsters (Well, the classes at least)

The main thing I'd need if I was gon' do it would be some badass ACS scripting for consoles and NPCs and all that shizz.

Anyone interested? :)

fraggle said:

Install Java emulator, add jar, Doom RPG for PC!

This works, I dun seen it.

I also have it for my phone, it's "ok" and I'd imagine fairly easy to reproduce, but the maps would have to be scaled up a bit in size or it just won't work.

Mancubus II said:

This works, I dun seen it.

I also have it for my phone, it's "ok" and I'd imagine fairly easy to reproduce, but the maps would have to be scaled up a bit in size or it just won't work.

That's what I'm trying to say here -_-

I'm not trying to make a direct port of Doom RPG for the PC, but an Interpretation.
Hence, I want help with scripting for it.
I'm sure I didn't make myself THAT unclear...

BTW, out of interest, I remember seeing a .wad not too long back with a credit system implemented, where you could pick up credits and trade them for ammo or health packs.
Does anyone know what it was?

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I know the second half of the Columbine RPG is doom themed, if you're really desperate.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
fraggle said:

Install Java emulator, add jar, Doom RPG for PC!

That's cool and all, but what about people that don't like golden showers?

The Java version of Doom RPG is homogay, seriously.

EDIT: I might toy around with the idea of interpreting Doom RPG for PC...

Fisk said:

That's cool and all, but what about people that don't like golden showers?

The Java version of Doom RPG is homogay, seriously.

What other version is there? Or are you talking about BREW?

For anyone that's interested, I feel it's worth pointing out that I reverse engineered part of the Doom RPG level format a while back to make maps for the Doom wiki.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Yes, BREW. It wasn't necessarily a better game, it just ran better and had a few more technological things going on for it. I figure if one is going to interpret a game, they may as well go for the technological superior, right?

Fisk said:

Yes, BREW. It wasn't necessarily a better game, it just ran better and had a few more technological things going on for it. I figure if one is going to interpret a game, they may as well go for the technological superior, right?

Ah, okay. I've never used the BREW version at all. I assumed it was the same as the Java version.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The BREW version had textured floors and ceilings (and they changed as you entered new areas). Also the player turned and moved much slower, and you could see fireballs coming towards you instead of all attacks being "instant effect".