Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Last Man on Earth

Last Man on Earth (LME) is a recreation of the city levels of Doom 2, which I am sure many people though were quite lacking in the visuals department.

Originally the plan was to create textures for other map makers to use. However, there were a lot of problems associated with this, in particular detail and difficulty consistency, lack of interest and other factors.

Now I am creating this wad by myself. I have created all new textures for myself to use while the old ones are still available on a thread in this board somewhere.

Here are some teasers.

Cheers!

Looks pretty awesome. I'm assuming this is for GZDoom? Some bigger shots would be nice, but keep up the good work!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I offered to help and you basically strangled my progress to death. Thanks :(

Anyway, looks nice I suppose. Dynamic lights?

Can I playtest? I love the lighting it really gives the effect of a city level =) If it's for GZDOOM, it would be even better because of the use of 3d floors would be open to use =)

Going it a lone then? Good luck, seriously looking forward to this.
Sorry I wans't more help, innit :(

Guest DILDOMASTER666

That last shot is pretty goddamn impressive. Perfect use of texturing and dynamic lights. Keep it up, man, I'd love to see this finished.

Are those fluorescent lights fixtures (that is, Things) which cast a pool of light automatically, or did you have to add the lighting in manually?

I'd like to request 5 beta testers to help me with this project. Game balance is especially important to me. First in first serve.

Sigvatr said:

I'd like to request 5 beta testers to help me with this project. Game balance is especially important to me. First in first serve.

I volunteer my services to Sigvatr!

These are the most earth-like levels I've seen for Doom, they remind me of Duke3D maps (that's a good thing)!

yomoneyboat said:

These are the most earth-like levels I've seen for Doom, they remind me of Duke3D maps (that's a good thing)!

They look really earth-like. As if you were in a run-down area of the town. The gunge-green stuff sure adds a lot of earth-like atmosphere to the map. Also, how do you use dynamic lights? I'd like to try those out. =)

are these all new textures? or the same ones you posted in the old project thread?

EDIT: can you make the new textures available to the general doom community?

Alright, that's it, now you've really got me tempted to watch this thread closely and to anticipate a release.
I've already been clicking here before, but I hadn't felt that much interest before due to being busy playing other maps and working on my own personal project.

I've always wanted to see that Downtown map remade. The original one never looked like a downtown, it looked more like a jail of some sort. Like an Acatraz which wasn't surrounded by water.

I trust that I won't be disappointed now :)