Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
32in24MaintenanceBot

Detailing Greenwar2: Still going! Go claim some new maps!

I'm just about done. Esselfortium helped me out by making some minor changes to the map. He fixed the alignment of the fence, made some texture alignment changes with the tech green area, and a couple of other things. I also added some moss dangling from the edges of the base in the outside area to make it look like it hadn't been used in some time. I just need to make some changes to the nonaccessable outdoor area, and then do a check for any missing textures and things like that.

edit:
It's done.
http://www.speedyshare.com/705326597.html
The music is "Rape Me" by Nirvana. Given the amount of carnage and mayhem, it seemed appropriate.
As for the name, I'd like to call it Graceful Onslaught.

I'd also like to claim OpusX.wad

Butts said:

Finished!
http://www.speedyshare.com/861290307.html

Preferred music - the pit from doom 2
Preferred sky - the night one

Although it doesn't really matter.

Another one of my fave tracks! Not only are the maps shaping up to be smash hits, but the music choices continually align with my tastes! :D

BTW, I like your addition of crates. Very nice touch with the ice too! :D

yeah that really is quite something :>

been fascinating to see the other directions the maps i worked on have been taken - really stunning work allround. just discussing releasing the old stuff with Hellbent/Grotug and then you guys can compare too.

and now that's getting cleared up then i'd like to lay claim to 'Milton' :p

how much more time is left in this? because i do want to claim another map but i dont want to rush it and do a poor job, or make anyone wait for me to finish.

Hey man, don't even worry about it. You seem to be fast enough as it is and we're not stopping until this thing is finished and quality. Just don't start slacking ;P

Finished.
http://www.speedyshare.com/674969850.html
Again, I divided the map into two areas. On one side is an infested techbase, on the other a fully operational and shiny techbase
Music: Loop3 From Happy Time Circus By ShtBag667
Name: Life and Death

Now I can go back to dreaming about Mass Effect.

Bloodskull said:

Could I give la5x a fix and possibly give some additional detail to it?

ClonedPickle is still working on it, I gave him some detailed suggestions.

The Green Herring said:

I would like to claim TeleX for detailing. ;)

Yay!

Vader said:

Yay, I'm finally done:
http://www.speedyshare.com/178916142.html

Name: Rusty garden
Music: Dunno, maybe the one from E1M9

The orange E4 sky would look best for this map I think!

Oh, wow, that looks awesome. I'm pretty sure the two-part tekwall door, though, is supposed to open together with two walk triggers. As it is now, part of it opens automatically and the other part has to be triggered manually like a standard door. I'm on my laptop right now and I don't have the original map handy to compare with, so I might be wrong.

Also, I think there's some minor misalignment on the stairs by the exit door.

Speaking of which, this isn't a requirement, but feel free to turn the exit room into something fancier if you want. Nearly every map has the exact same hooked exit, since Hellbent added them at the last minute. :p

esselfortium said:

Oh, wow, that looks awesome. I'm pretty sure the two-part tekwall door, though, is supposed to open together with two walk triggers. As it is now, part of it opens automatically and the other part has to be triggered manually like a standard door. I'm on my laptop right now and I don't have the original map handy to compare with, so I might be wrong.

Also, I think there's some minor misalignment on the stairs by the exit door.

Speaking of which, this isn't a requirement, but feel free to turn the exit room into something fancier if you want. Nearly every map has the exact same hooked exit, since Hellbent added them at the last minute. :p

brown144 hexagon shaped rooms are nice.

I am in such a creative mood right now. And it's 4am-- why can't I be this way at 4pm???? pants. cocroaches and ants.

Very nice job!! Care to do any others? :)

I'll make some changes to the exit area and fix those misalignements!
The two-part-tekwall door is still set up like it was in the original, but I can easily add another walk-over trigger line if that is preferred...

I'd love to do one more map, but it will propably take me another week to finish it... if that isn't a problem with you guys, consider me to be already at work :)

Edit:
Ok, i'll just officially claim nz12bx from the third layout pack now!

Vader, I just played your map (after staying up till 7 am working on my own **), and its absolutely beautiful! I'd say out of all the completed (perhaps all of the 32in24 maps ever), its my number 1 favorite. Excellent work bud :)

Just a little update on la8bx (which I have now dubbed "Hatchetface") is about 80% complete. I've still got decor to pump into every nook and cranny I can find...but I should finish up tomorrow if I've got the time. I may even post a screenshot or two if anyone is interested.