Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sausage

[New] Temple of Eradication

The Temple Of Eradication.

From the Readme:

Description : Temple of Eradication is designed for the more Expert of players who can still perform under pressure, and in claustrophobic situations, this is *******ely not the easyest challenge you will ever face.
If you are as useless as a large sack 'o' crap, Then you may use IDDQD Cheat, but don't go being too stupid by using any other cheats, you don't God-Damn need to.

Good Luck.

Download: http://sausageblog.co.uk/TempErad.zip

I intend to continue this onwards by making a sequel map.

Thanks, Sausage.

It's relatively easy imo and wouldn't be all that hard to beat the whole thing without getting hit a single time (after a few tries I beat it getting hit only 3 times). But look at this demo instead (for zdoom version 2.1.7) as it shows a couple things:

1) you can block enemies from warping in by covering up their warp spot. I purposely put a demon over the top so I didn't even have to fight that first baron.

2) a glitch (rare probably) in the lift that can force you to use idclip, as seen in the demo linked below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lg1rsy

most of the ammo is concentrated in one spot, might be better to put more at the end so you don't have to backtrack. Cyber is easy since you have a constant hill to block him in front of you. In the 1st caco cage area, you kinda have to kill that caco around the side to the right first.. because if you kill the others first, the cutscene will probably trigger and you'll get hit while that is playing.

gggmork said:

It's relatively easy imo and wouldn't be all that hard to beat the whole thing without getting hit a single time (after a few tries I beat it getting hit only 3 times). But look at this demo instead (for zdoom version 2.1.7) as it shows a couple things:

1) you can block enemies from warping in by covering up their warp spot. I purposely put a demon over the top so I didn't even have to fight that first baron.

2) a glitch (rare probably) in the lift that can force you to use idclip, as seen in the demo linked below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lg1rsy

most of the ammo is concentrated in one spot, might be better to put more at the end so you don't have to backtrack. Cyber is easy since you have a constant hill to block him in front of you. In the 1st caco cage area, you kinda have to kill that caco around the side to the right first.. because if you kill the others first, the cutscene will probably trigger and you'll get hit while that is playing.

Wow, thanks for spotting the Flaws, Ill fix a Few, *******ely the ammo, and cacodemon ones.
Ill keep these comments in mind for my next map. :)

additup said:

I enjoyed this one. Nice slopes, nice lighting. Had fun boxing the barons when my ammo ran out.

Thanks for playing, I'm Glad you enjoyed it.
I always try to make good use of slopes and lights, glad you noticed it.

Looks ok, finished in first run so I wouldn't call this hard.
For me the waves of teleporting monsters damage the flow of the map.
Maybe use less but thougher ones?
All in all not so bad.

Coldfusio said:

All in all not so bad.

Thanks for your comment on my map, Ill keep less waves of monsters in my next map.

nice work, all the basic stuff done well :)

maybe enchance the atmosphere with ambient sounds?

Sausage said:

Coldfusio said:

All in all not so bad.

Thanks for your comment on my map, Ill keep less waves of monsters in my next map.

or maybe make more variation in the fighting area beetween the waves.. I know there was already some variation (bars raising and lowering), but you could do something more extreme variation too :p

Worst said:

nice work, all the basic stuff done well :)

maybe enchance the atmosphere with ambient sounds?

or maybe make more variation in the fighting area beetween the waves.. I know there was already some variation (bars raising and lowering), but you could do something more extreme variation too :p

Y'know, Ive Never worked with ambient sounds before... Maybe a quick explanation on using them?

And Whatever maps I work on in the future should be attempting to keep away from the stop-start broken flow feeling...

Thanks.

While looking for more info about soap on a rope (cchest3,map14)
I saw this

Linguica said

NO FORCING THE VIEW OUT OF THE PLAYER'S EYES. NO FREEZING THE PLAYER. The ZDoom features are to be used for enhancing the experience, not replacing it. If you want to make a cutscene, it has to be an "in-game" cutscene, not cutting to a camera and showing things talking with hudmessages. No starting a level with a swooping camera view. No freezing the player and showing some door opening on the other side of the map. We have camera textures now, make a "monitor" next to the switch and actually show the door opening on the monitor. There should never be a second when the player is unable to move or the view is forcibly taken away from him.

from here
I know your cutscenes were very short, but I think this is great advice.

Coldfusio said:

While looking for more info about soap on a rope (cchest3,map14)
I saw this
from here
I know your cutscenes were very short, but I think this is great advice.

Sounds very useful, Ill have to get into using these textures, thanks.