Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LINBiNk

Halo Series TC Project [Started as of 11/18] (In progress)

An campaign with 3 chapter. Based on the Halo series. This project will consist with new everything. Weapons, sounds, graphic, levels, and additional features. Just like Halo. I'm currently working on the weapon sprites, specially the assault rifle. I will post the in work progress tomorrow. It's looking nice btw. I except the assault rifle to be completed by December. This will be an long ass project. So except an beta map in January.

EDIT: I'm ripping the weapons and touch them up.

Any questions?

Engine used: Gzdoom

I will edit and post some WIP screenshot sometimes.

EDIT: First screenshot of sprites in progress...

You know why preview is there for a reason...

This will be an long ass project. So except an beta map in January.

:-S

You do realize this will take YEARS, not months right? (unless you intend to rip everything).

good luck, but I hope you won't get disappointed...

I am very good at making decorate scripts. I could put together a weapons mod if you provide PNG sprite graphics for me

dutch devil said:

Whats the point of making an thread when you have got nothing to show, it seems rather pointles to me.

It just announcement of my project so everyone is aware. :P

LINBiNk said:

It just announcement of my project so everyone is aware. :P

Progress so far?

Nick Perrin said:

Any screenshots?

Good luck with that. This has "ghost project" written all over it.

not for nothing, but why make a HALO doom mod when you can just play HALO, which sucks IMO, but thats besides the point.

VileSlay said:

not for nothing, but why make a HALO doom mod when you can just play HALO, which sucks IMO, but thats besides the point.

Agreed... Genre-to-genre conversions, sure, like say a Starcraft Doom mod, but FPS to FPS conversion? Might as well just play the original game.

printz said:

Copyrights?

OKAY SURE
I have no intention whatsoever of doing this of course. I was just putting forth an example of a game that was not a first-person shooter that might be worth modding into Doom.

But it's a good point, if you try to convert modern games you might start some copyright fuss.... Doomworld could use the scandal and the news, gain us some publicity :D

Why did you write Preview over your sprites? It's quite irritating. No one's going to steal the sprites, if that's your reasoning.

yomoneyboat said:

Why did you write Preview over your sprites? It's quite irritating. No one's going to steal the sprites, if that's your reasoning.

Hmph, are you shure? I put preview over sprites itself so it can not be ripped. But in game screenshot is fine. Will have a pic tomorrow.

LINBiNk said:

Hmph, are you sure? I put preview over sprites itself so it can not be ripped.

Thievery? At Doomworld? FOR SHAME!

LINBiNk said:

Hmph, are you shure? I put preview over sprites itself so it can not be ripped

What do you think this is, DeviantArt?

It's not like I can't simply open up photoshop and erase the watermark.

LINBiNk said:

Hmph, are you shure? I put preview over sprites itself so it can not be ripped.

Now that's just righteous, considering you have ripped off the copyrighted artwork

Csonicgo said:

What do you think this is, DeviantArt?

It's not like I can't simply open up photoshop and erase the watermark.

Hence the watermark... If there ain't, then durr...

leileilol said:

Now that's just righteous, considering you have ripped off the copyrighted artwork

Lol. I'll put an credit screen in the game jeez. Hold your horses.

Like with the Doom3 Machine Gun (in the Doom 3 Weapons Mod), don't you wanna get rid of the ammo counter? It looks like it's going to be displaying 32 bullets left for all time.

BoldEnglishman said:

Like with the Doom3 Machine Gun (in the Doom 3 Weapons Mod), don't you wanna get rid of the ammo counter? It looks like it's going to be displaying 32 bullets left for all time.

It won't :P. It will be scripted to shown how many ammo remaining.

LINBiNk said:

It won't :P. It will be scripted to shown how many ammo remaining.

That's a shitload of extra sprites you're going to need.

yomoneyboat said:

That's a shitload of extra sprites you're going to need.

I'm no weapon maker, but can't he copy + paste the orginal sprites then edit the ammo count to the next number?

the iron hitman said:

I'm no weapon maker, but can't he copy + paste the orginal sprites then edit the ammo count to the next number?

Yeah, but still 100 more sprites than needed. Since there's already a status bar with ammo count in Doom, why would you need it on the gun?

yomoneyboat said:

Yeah, but still 100 more sprites than needed. Since there's already a status bar with ammo count in Doom, why would you need it on the gun?

Because its on the gun.

LINBiNk said:

Lol. I'll put an credit screen in the game jeez. Hold your horses.

If that's how you play then I'll make a halo wad, rip the guns from your wad, and slap your name somewhere in the credits. It's no problem as long as credit is given right?