Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BilboHicks

MAP 27 (now), Memento Mori 2 Help

This is a lame post, but I'm stuck on MM2, map 25, the part where there is a small square teleporter surrounded by lava and you fight an archvile. I beat the archvile, but the teleporter is still closed by a column and there is nowhere out of the area. Any help is appreciated. I tried searching for help but didn't find anything.

EDIT: Im stuck on MAP 27 now, see post below.

hmm, interesting. It *******ely seems to be a bug of some sort; maybe the file's corrupted. The linedef is supposed to only raise that warp to make it about even with those bars- not go up to the ceiling. (in doombuilder it says 'up to shortest lower texture' or something.
I tried the map myself in both zdoom and prboom and both times it incorrectly goes to the ceiling as well. However I played someone's demo with the same wad and when they played it rose to the correct height.

You need to activate a compatibility option to play this WAD. In ZDoom it's called 'Find shortest textures like Doom'. This WAD exploited a bug in Doom2.exe that was fixed in Boom.

If you want a permanent fix for ZDoom you can also create a new MAPINFO and specify 'COMPAT_SHORTTEX 1' for each level and then put that into the WAD.

Right, Boom screwed it up by polishing that code.

In PrBoom, try playing with compatibility level 2 or find the specific compatibility setting that matters, or use Chocolate Doom.

Does Map 27 of MM2 need any special massaging in zdoom? I have the final key, Red, but no evidence of a red door anywhere on the map. I have enabled the previous flag for Map 25.

It's an eccentric level, so I wouldnt be surprised if it's purely the level designer f**king with me :P

In the northeast part of the level is a tower. Follow that down and inside that part of the main building is the red door.

I have distant memories of playing that map and I don't remember its progression at all, meaning I probably finished the level by blindly wandering around, sometimes ending up in the same areas several times, until I finally found the way. If I played it again, I'd be tempted to use the shortcut route. :)

Vile said:

In the northeast part of the level is a tower. Follow that down and inside that part of the main building is the red door.

I have distant memories of playing that map and I don't remember its progression at all, meaning I probably finished the level by blindly wandering around, sometimes ending up in the same areas several times, until I finally found the way. If I played it again, I'd be tempted to use the shortcut route. :)

Cheers! Thats basically what I did, wander and wander for an hour, until I had to quit playing. It's not a bad level really, its quite original in it's feel, just the level design has succeeded in confusing me.

I've enjoyed MM2 immensely so far, and I've heard that MM1 is even better.