Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

Do you hunt?

Are you a hunter?  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you a hunter?

    • Small game only
      1
    • I only use a bow
      0
    • I hunt anything
      5
    • I only fish
      6
    • I kill bugs only
      19
    • Greenpeace member / Treehugger
      6


Recommended Posts

It's hunting season with shotguns here in NY and I was wondering if anyone here hunts at all? If not, do you fish?

EDIT : Shit, forgot a "I'm a Greenpeace / tree-hugger asshole" option. So if you're that type of person, just say so!

Share this post


Link to post

I go trout and tiger muskie fishing about once a week during the fall and winter, less often during the spring and summer. But that's about it. Never really got into hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Kid Airbag said:

Where's the "I'm a lifelong urbanite who just doesn't get a thrill out of killing living things" option?

So, you get a thrill out of killing dead things?

Share this post


Link to post

I usually go fishing at least once a year, but I don't hunt anything else. Deer hunting is big where I live, but I don't like the taste of venison.

Share this post


Link to post

I only kill bugs usually with my car driving at an certain speed I drove over an hedgehog once by accident I felt sorry for the poor bugger guess he is in hedgehog heaven now.

Share this post


Link to post

I get a kick out of people who, whilst eating commercially raised meat, deplore the practice of hunting. Because rasing animals in confinement and then shooting them through the head with a pneumatic bolt-gun is morally superior to shooting a free range animal in a fair chase manner with a rifle or shotgun.

Share this post


Link to post

I get mosquitoes with cardboard and moths with toy guns or newspapers. Thought about getting a no-licence needed airgun and going after rabbits, or maybe grey squirrels. They're like the loudmouthed American tourists who act really selfishly and fuck everything up that it's legal to kill

Share this post


Link to post
Dr. Zin said:

I get a kick out of people who, whilst eating commercially raised meat, deplore the practice of hunting. Because rasing animals in confinement and then shooting them through the head with a pneumatic bolt-gun is morally superior to shooting a free range animal in a fair chase manner with a rifle or shotgun.

I don't deplore the concept of hunting; I deplore rednecks taking pictures of themselves posing next to a deer head and handing me the roll of film to develop. If you're going to eat the meat, fine, shoot away. Just don't get a fucking erection about it.

Share this post


Link to post

I kill things with my van.

Also, how does being a treehugger stop one from being a hunter? If an overpopulated species is threatening the ecosystem, I'm sure there are plenty of environmentalists who would support hunting, rather than simply relocating the species, which won't always benefit the environment. Just because you want to be an active participant in keeping a species in check doesn't mean you want to log trees too.

Share this post


Link to post
BoldEnglishman said:

Cool, I shot a T-Rex.

Just don't step on a butterfly, or we're all doomed.

Share this post


Link to post
exp(x) said:

I don't deplore the concept of hunting; I deplore rednecks taking pictures of themselves posing next to a deer head and handing me the roll of film to develop. If you're going to eat the meat, fine, shoot away. Just don't get a fucking erection about it.

I assume you have never taken a screenshot while playing a video game? People take pictures of the fish they catch and the deer they shoot for the same reasons anyone would take a picture: to preserve a memory. I mean it's just a picture ffs.

Now if you want to say maybe taxidermy is going a bit far, sure, be my guest

Share this post


Link to post

I fish occationally. But never for the sake of just fishing. While I do enjoy the serenity and the eventual struggle. I don't do it to show off my catch, I do it cause I like to eat fresh sweetwater fish.

GGG said:

If an overpopulated species is threatening the ecosystem, I'm sure there are plenty of environmentalists who would support hunting, rather than simply relocating the species, which won't always benefit the environment.


The environment did great for many millennias before humans got it into their head that they knew better and should be butt in. Would be a whole lot better if we stuck to keeping our own species in check, worrying less about the rampant elk population or whichever it may be they want to shoot at.

Share this post


Link to post
Quast said:

I assume you have never taken a screenshot while playing a video game? People take pictures of the fish they catch and the deer they shoot for the same reasons anyone would take a picture: to preserve a memory. I mean it's just a picture ffs.

Now if you want to say maybe taxidermy is going a bit far, sure, be my guest

But is it necessary to rip off the fucking head from the body before posing for a portrait? Besides, I don't like the idea of hunting for fun, as your memory preservation idea suggests.

Share this post


Link to post
Lizardcommando said:

I've never been hunting before, but it does sound kind of interesting.


It's about as interesting as shooting an animal, which turns out isn't very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post

Quast said:
I assume you have never taken a screenshot while playing a video game?

I'll let you know when I kill something over them Internets...

Share this post


Link to post
Use3D said:

It's about as interesting as shooting an animal, which turns out isn't very interesting.


Oh... Sounds like a big disappointment. :(

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×