Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delphinus

Unified Evil - Version 0.333 Recurring

Curious title, huh? Well, this is my first ever Doom map. It's exactly 1/3 completed. I say that because it will comprise of three sections eventually. This is the first section, and it's a stealthing map. I get about 10 minutes gameplay out of it on medium when I use god mode, which means you might get longer. Anyway, without further ado, here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/71250561/Unified_Evil.zip

Please post any critique or comments you may have. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention; sausage gave me a little help getting started with this map, and tested it. Thanks to him, I got the motivation to clean it up and detail a little more. Thank you, sausage!

It's also a zDoom map.

Fighting cacodemons with an pistol in an very dark map wasn't very fun, I don't understand why this map requires stealth to get past the monsters they will see you right after you open the first door I guess the doom marine sucks at being stealthy :p

Too many switches imo I counted about 13 switches in such an small area.

There are 14 switches in total, and they are sort of meant to be so many in number, due to the "failsafe" and "emergency generator" part. In fact, this is going to come into the line of the map later - emergency generators won't last forever...

Also, I was wondering about the Cacodemons myself. Originally they were demons, but they were too easy to kill. They don't always come when you open the door, and you can use careful use of space to avoid them - or even kill them. I'm not so aure of which monster to use - nothing too hard, but something killable. Oh, and it has to NOT drop a weapon. It also has to not be able to hit through the bars (or at least be avoidable). I could only think of a cacodemon. Chaingunner would have been perfect, but for the weapon drop. Any suggestions to which monster I should use instead?

Maybe alot of spectres and an berserk pack or chainsaw I prefer an berserk myself though, and maybe brighten it up an bit with some lights.

Gameplay needs work this was boring some good hard traps when you press some of those switches.

Yes, certainly. I'll add some traps that are dependant on difficulty, and add some beams of light, maybe lighten up the scale. Now to think of the traps... How about monsters, type and number dependant on difficulty, spawning when you press every 2 failsafe switches, and when you engage the server. I'll add some really HARD ambushes for the hardcores on hard mode...

Hey, this looks better than my first map, but the gameplay is really very boring... At first: fighting with the damn pistol (oh my god, maybe you can include a ssg at the beginning) and then the switchhunting (opening doors over and over again is not a good idea), but maybe you could just delete the doors to the switches, so that the player can get to them faster.

The scripting is really interesting and the idea I like a lot. I do n0ot like the gameplay that goes along with them, though, at all. Fighting demons and cacodemons with a pistol in the dark is not fun, it's repetitive and boring.

Keep working, I'm keen to see how this develops. If you add some more detail to the interlocking rectangle hallways outside the multiple switching-rooms, that might improve the visual appeal of the level immensely. Great job so far, soldier on.