Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoommasterTHEBESTONE

How do u make a pet?

Judging by how many people play doom 3, how many videos i see about doom3, and how many posts i see, i can tell ALOTTT of people play doom 3. but there was a strange video that i couldnt get my head around, namely, the guy in the video was doing something that frankly anybody using "zdoom" might wanna do, its called summon(or spawn) friend. in doom3 i saw the video that made my head spin, this guy ( i cant remember his name :( ) spawned a cyberdemon and he called it a pet, it owned a zombie, i was just out right laughing in confusion. but now heres the big question (finally): How do u make a pet to serve your fighting needs (and in addition, can you make more than one pet at a time???)

I think it's a script and console mod. You'd have to open base\pak000.pk4 from Doom3's directory, browse to the "script" subfolder and edit various *.script files to change AI and console commands.

IF OPENING PAK000.PK4 DOESN'T WORK, RENAME IT AS PAK000.ZIP. RENAME IT BACK AS YOU FINISH IT.

BETTER YET, COPY THE "SCRIPT" SUBFOLDER IN THE PAK INTO ANOTHER SUBDIRECTORY PARALLEL TO "BASE", LIKE HAVING "NEWFOLD" AS IN: "D:\DOOM3\BASE\PAK000.PK4/SCRIPT (original variant); D:\DOOM3\NEWFOLD\SCRIPT (your mod)".

I never tried modding for Doom3, I'm only guessing.

Also, please stop sending me PMs about new threads. I'm already seeing them as they appear, no need for notification.