Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

We're all going to be RICH

So, getting back on topic, if i make a wad that doesnt require any of the id pwads, use 100% original artwork made by me, call it "The ultimate DAM" and sell it for profit, it's OK?

kooltore said:

So, getting back on topic, if i make a wad that doesnt require any of the id pwads, use 100% original artwork made by me, call it "The ultimate DAM" and sell it for profit, it's OK?

No, it's not okay.

More because "THE ULTIMATE DAM" is a supremely retarded name than anything, though.

kooltore said:

I wouldn't invest too much time in it.

The guy sold his wad. I think that's kind cool, legal or not, I can't find nothing wrong, he points that you need a full copy of DOOM 2 to make it run.

A friend of mine also sells copies of many games, including all chapters of DOOM, Heretic/Hexen, Quake series (heh at 15 bucks per game). Yeah, that isn't all that nice, still I'm not id Software or Raven to flame the guy.

I am wondering how the levels are he is selling. Is it quality stuff or is it 1994 crap? or maybe modified Doom 2 maps? (the screenshot shows an original Doom 2 map only) but I cant be arsed to set up a paypal account or do whatever hassle is needed to buy a copy.

DJShrimpy said:

Won for $6.50, jesus christ. I'm going to paste a bunch of random pwads onto a floppy and sell it as an "unreleased map pack".

Did you get a copy from that guy? If so, share it! or at least review it properly with screenshots and all, because I really want to know :)

CodeImp said:

Did you get a copy from that guy? If so, share it! or at least review it properly with screenshots and all, because I really want to know :)

I as well am extremely anxious to "Order these Levels NOW and Start Kicking Some Tail!"

I really hope this isn't the new phase in the doom community where everyone starts making megawads but never releasing them for less than $4 each. I'm too cheap to play doom wads for a price.

It seems that with all the publicity they're getting here, the demand for the levels grows! That's just over $1 per level... Overall, only a bit less than the cost of a new copy of the Collector's Edition.

It's highly possible or most likely that the PWAD itself is a hoax/fake since the only screenshot it shows is from Map 24 of Doom II and the person would have just posted his/her wad long ago at /idgames or their own website for free. If not then I guess it's some typical and possibly
bland PWAD that is nothing special.

just my 2c.

I cracked up once I heard the screenshot was from Map24.

Well, there was this one kid at my school who said (after showing him Oblige) that he'd make some maps, put them on CD-R, and sell 'em on eBay. Weird.

CODOR said:

LOL! Somebody just got tricked badly!

Well perhaps he will release how much of an idiot he/she was when he/she starts playing the levels and sees that they are just utter shit! (And i am assuming that they are give the fact that he posted a screenshot from map28 from the looks of it.)

CODOR said:

So the guy is selling it over and over. I wonder how much money he will gain? Somebody buy this plz so that he can tell us something about these levels.

EDIT: Would you pay 100 dollars for that? http://cgi.ebay.com/Level-Master-II-Doom-Doom-II-Heretic-Hexen-VOL2-NEW_W0QQitemZ140184279016QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

hardcore_gamer said:

Somebody buy this plz so that he can tell us something about these levels.

How about you buy them if you wanna see them so badly. Personally, actually buying these levels would be precisely what this guy wants you to do, and seeing how the screenshot of the level isen't even a custom level, I doubt he hardly deserves the money at all.

Besides, there's plenty of other stuff for free which is probably alot better.

I really think these levels are worth a few millions.
Anyone here interested in some mad bidding?
If not then I will buy it again, I guess.

Look at the (negative) feedback from the winner who bid $21.51
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=myhugedeals&iid=300176974722&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&ssPageName=VIP:feedback:2:us

Selling doom levels is illegal get them for free at doomworld.com/idgames

It comes as a response to the negative feedback s/he received from myhugedeals for refusing to pay.

Out Bid Another Bidder and Won. Now refuses To Pay. BEWARE OF BIDDER

There should be less potential buyers now, since it is good practice to look at some feedback before you bid.

myhugedeals is nothing more than a greedy, arrogant, illiterate asshole. Charging $7 to ship a CD-R! Media mail is two bucks at most. This thread gives the chump way too much attention.