Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyabusa

How can I add different sounds?

ok ive been playing WADs people have made and put online. Some WADS have custom bars on the bottom and ending screens along with custom weapons and such. Ive even seen new monsters like a green cocodemon that shoots a flamethrower. How do I make things like these?

Hyabusa said:

How do I make things like these?

There are a few aspects that you'll have to deal with:

1. Replacement graphics (or sounds, music, etc.) You can either create them yourself or use what others have already created (with appropriate permissions, of course).
    2. Inserting these new items into your wad file. You can use resource editors such as XWE or DeepSea to do this.
    3. Modifying behavior. Some source ports (such as ZDooM) allow you to add new weapons and enemies, and alter their behavior to suit your needs.

1. Replacement graphics (or sounds, music, etc.) You can either create them yourself or use what others have already created (with appropriate permissions, of course).
2. Inserting these new items into your wad file. You can use resource editors such as XWE or DeepSea to do this.

Okay can u explain how to do these for me? And whats DeepSea and XWE?

Hyabusa said:

Okay can u explain how to do these for me?

Creating your own graphics/sounds/music - this is self-explanatory.

Using what others have created - use XWE, DeepSea, or other resource editors to open a wad that has custom resources. Use the editor to copy and paste those resources into your own wad.

And whats DeepSea and XWE?

XWE
DeepSea

Hyabusa said:

ok i downloaded XWE and DeePsea now what?

*facepalm*
Read the help files maybe?