Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Should a Deus Vult II demo come out before Christmas?

Should a Deus Vult II demo be uploaded to the Idgames Archive before Christmas?  

56 members have voted

  1. 1. Should a Deus Vult II demo be uploaded to the Idgames Archive before Christmas?

    • Yes
      33
    • No
      7
    • Rape
      16


Recommended Posts

What do you mean by Scythe-ish type of maps ? I wasn't exactly a fan of Scythe I, but I liked the second opus better.

Share this post


Link to post
Naan said:

What do you mean by Scythe-ish type of maps ? I wasn't exactly a fan of Scythe I, but I liked the second opus better.


Short to medium sized maps that flow real well. Not a bunch of gigantic epic maps. That would take way too long for one person to make.

I honestly think that Huy should use this release to show his standards in mapping, and get some people together to make a megawad.

Alien Vendetta started as a one man project too, didn't it? Now it's one of the best megawads out there.

Share this post


Link to post

The paradox is that if you voted for rape, then it's with consent... which clearly isn't rape at all.

Anyways, December 21st is the tentative release date.

ATTN: Vile, if you are reading this, I sent you a private message.

Share this post


Link to post

Seen and replied... I'd love to see the wad, but as for what you asked for, I'm out of shape. I think there are other players who can do better. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Vile said:

Seen and replied... I'd love to see the wad, but as for what you asked for, I'm out of shape. I think there are other players who can do better. :)

I call shenanigans.

Will you try and top any demos made after release?

Share this post


Link to post
Mike.Reiner said:

Short to medium sized maps that flow real well. Not a bunch of gigantic epic maps. That would take way too long for one person to make.

I honestly think that Huy should use this release to show his standards in mapping, and get some people together to make a megawad.

Alien Vendetta started as a one man project too, didn't it? Now it's one of the best megawads out there.


The only problem with this idea is that there are ZERO mappers out there who will map to his specifications. His maps are so outrageously detailed and chock full of everything that makes a map great that it would honestly make any "good" mapper go crazy having to keep up with that stuff.

That, or lower the bar a little bit for the rest of the wad. Or he can just whip up the remaining 28 maps himself if they're going to be much smaller in scope; but you'll be waiting another 2 to 3 years for the wad to be finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Dittohead said:

The only problem with this idea is that there are ZERO mappers out there who will map to his specifications. His maps are so outrageously detailed and chock full of everything that makes a map great that it would honestly make any "good" mapper go crazy having to keep up with that stuff.

That, or lower the bar a little bit for the rest of the wad. Or he can just whip up the remaining 28 maps himself if they're going to be much smaller in scope; but you'll be waiting another 2 to 3 years for the wad to be finished.


Longer if you ask me. It's already been 3 years since he started. He has too much stuff going on in his life to practically make a megawad.

You might be right about the standards, but it's still worth a shot.


Though another note, over the past 4 days, Huy has made another map for the wad. The map is pretty much finished too.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for ruining the Christmas surprise for everyone else, Mike. That makes five maps total.

Fun fact: DVII.wad unzipped = 106 MB with no redundant data.

Share this post


Link to post
Doom Marine said:

Thanks for ruining the Christmas surprise for everyone else, Mike. That makes five maps total.

Fun fact: DVII.wad unzipped = 106 MB with no redundant data.

Jusssta doin' my part. :)

I just hope it actually gets used as a resource wad.

Share this post


Link to post
Doom Marine said:

106 MB with no redundant data.

That's not even funny! =O

And regarding the poll, I voted yes ... and though I understand your reasons for delaying the release, I think it would be alright to just let out a teaser of what's done. It's up to the person whether or not to download it.

Share this post


Link to post
Mike.Reiner said:

I just hope it actually gets used as a resource wad.

That would be cool I can allready see Deus Vult themed maps being made in the future :p

I will vote for yes this will be an very good candidate for an caco award.

Share this post


Link to post

Doom Marine said:
Now the question is more like... to wrap up DVII or wait for the next decade? [/B]


Welcome to my dilemma back in 1997. All 30 levels of the original hellcore were finished, yet i made the mistake of wanting to improve every level to epic quality. It finally was released in 2004 as a mixed bag that no one really enjoyed. Hellcore 2 released in 2006; was a much quicker project, and a much smaller scope of only 12 levels. I enjoyed making HC2 more than HC1, and people appreciated it more(- the people who don't love a shit-load of monsters and no health; cmon it's fun!).

Take my advice, release it now, when it's still hot and new, rather than polishing an old turd for ten years.

I look forward to playing it dude, i thought DV1 was amazing.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, Deus Vult II is going to miss the Dec 21st release date.

We found some bugs that are being worked on right now.

No worries though, it will still be out before Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post

Voted Yes, I'm not a big fan of being raped actually.

Deus Vult is ( imho ) one of the best wads ever. The expectations for Deus Vult II are really high, but if you think you're ready, release it :>
Someday you'll hopefully have some time left to make other awesome maps... :)

It will be a wonderful Xmas this year \o/

Share this post


Link to post

Ok to hell with what I said. He's a picky bastard who can't make up his mind.

It will be out when his ego is satisfied with it.

Share this post


Link to post

Dont know why feels the need for it to be perfect, it was supposed to be a BETA, so we could help make it perfect :S then he changed his mind and wanted a final out at xmas :(

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with others : he should make a beta release, it's maybe better if he want perfection for his wad.

Share this post


Link to post

The moaning because it'll take a bit more to be released is quite out of place. Somehow I doubt Huy put a big chunk of effort into it to want to rush it at the end because of some religious (or something) holiday.

Or, guys, just consider your Christmas expectations raped!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×