Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Should a Deus Vult II demo come out before Christmas?

Should a Deus Vult II demo be uploaded to the Idgames Archive before Christmas?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Deus Vult II demo be uploaded to the Idgames Archive before Christmas?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rape

As much as I enjoyed the original and would love to see a release now, I must say that I would rather the wad receive the proper time and effort that it deserves. Waiting several years may seem like a long time, but at the end of that wait we would have a much better, more polished result. Good luck with whatever you do, Huy.

Or he could just release a beta version now, and continue working on it, and release it AGAIN in the future. :)

This way at least he can get:

a) some feedback - either positive or negative (feedback can be a great motivator)
b) some constructive criticism (say if something doesn't work well, people may suggest ideas and ways to fix said problem)
c) new ideas
d) bug reports

Surely, even having the beta version uploaded temporarily isen't all that hard. Let me just emphasis the 'temporarily' again ;)

Blah, I was checking these threads every day for the past two weeks, hoping to see DV2 released. It's your call to make on when/if to release it. However, if you're going to hold it back, maybe you could satisfy people by releasing a demo level? Something to tide people over?

Mivalekan said:

We should start a riot.

Agreed, does anyone know where Doom Marine lives?

Reckoner said:

As much as I enjoyed the original and would love to see a release now, I must say that I would rather the wad receive the proper time and effort that it deserves. Waiting several years may seem like a long time, but at the end of that wait we would have a much better, more polished result. Good luck with whatever you do, Huy.

/second

i was hoping that this would be released when i got home an hour ago.
i ripped open the door, booted up, and came here in about 30 seconds.
no dice.

Hey! Pipe down! I'm working on it like crazy! I want Deus Vult II finished before school starts. I'm gunning for a 4.0 next quarter and no game project is gonna fuck it up. Now let me work on this shit!

Doom Marine said:

Hey! Pipe down! I'm working on it like crazy! I want Deus Vult II finished before school starts. I'm gunning for a 4.0 next quarter and no game project is gonna fuck it up. Now let me work on this shit!

AT least you're working on it. :P

Mivalekan said:

You're just dangling cake over a fat kid trapped in a well. :(

I laughed more at that than I did any of the stupid ass videos people keep posting on the other forums I visit.

You deserve a fucking medal.