Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Nick has made yet ANOTHER 8-bit music project?!?

You may have remember I made a few string quartet remakes of Megaman songs not too long ago. Those can be found on my profile on YouTube.

But this is not about that, although it uses some of those tracks.

I present to you my finest oldschool videogame remake-ery so far.

myspace.com/8bitphilharmonic]Enjoy the 8-bit Philharmonic.

Strings, Harp, Mega buster and Vampire Whip tryouts start next Tuesday. X^O

Snarboo said:

Oh, this is sweet. I'd love to see you take on the Contra theme song. :D

YES! Great idea. I was wondering what my next one would be, I mean I started by making a Destination Earthstar song, who's heard of THAT game??

But don't expect it too soon. I gotta take a break from this for a week or two... exams. The two fully-orchestral tracks were each made in one sitting (Journey to the stars = sunday night, Belmont Legend = monday night haha), and that used a LOT of time.

Absolutely brilliant stuff man.

Ralphis said:

Ducktales Moon please

QFT!

And even though he isn't 8-bit, could some sonic the hedgehog stuff be considered ever? please?

Wobbo said:

And even though he isn't 8-bit, could some sonic the hedgehog stuff be considered ever? please?

That's what's in store for the potential 3rd album, if I ever make it: Doubling the bits. SNES, Genesis, Turbografx/PC Engine. 1st two albums are the main symphonic album and the Megaman string quartet album.

I'll have to check out Ducktales Moon, never played it.

EDIT: Ah but of course, the game is just Ducktales, but the Moon level is what you're talking about. Well, haven't played Ducktales yet anyway, going to go check it out!

Since you're taking on PC Engine too, remix Soldier Blade Stage 6 theme.... it would be fucking epic :D

alterworldruler said:

Since you're taking on PC Engine too, remix Soldier Blade Stage 6 theme.... it would be fucking epic :D

Not yet though!
And I'll have to do my research on PC Engine music as I'm not even half as well-versed in good games for PC Engine as I am with NES.
Same for SNES and Genesis too, probably. But that will all come in time... for now I pay tribute to the absolute classics of the classics.

Not to mention that even apart from all the other goodies, my single most loved "chiptune" soundtrack of all-time is on NES... but we won't reveal what that is yet, just be ready for one epic medley as an album closer...