Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rellik

My first topic - Music Videos! Hate me!

Seems like the folks around here really know there music and their hatred for Music threads is pretty obvious. So how about Music videos?

Seen any good one's?

Any bad ones?

Just plain hate 'em? Why?

My favorite videos: (in no particular order)

TOOL - Prisonsex
Alice in Chains - Get born again? (the last video, only saw it once)
Perfect Circle - Judith
And I like the Limp Bizkit video where Wes's head falls off. The rest of the video blows.

All I can think of for now....

Do you agree that Video is a incredibly powerful medium to deliver messages to the youth and that the message is all too often "be a good consumer, buy lots of GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, and of course, my new album"?

Do you think I just keep my head up my ass for warmth?

All opinions welcome and feel free to flame. There's nothing more fun than a big arguement. :p

My favorit videos:

Pearl Jam - Do the evilution.
Offspring - Come out and Play.
Prodigy - Smack my bitch up.
any video by AFI.. love them.. mm...

yep, the Smack My Bitch up vid rocked, but then I loved Prodigy all the more back in the early days
/me sighs with nostalgia...
my fave Prodge vid was Out of Space, watching that whilst stoned is possibly one of the most complete experieces I've ever had...
Most music vids are a waste of time, just like the fuckin' music they promote. Decent music like Aim, 187 Lockdown, Daft Punk or any other shit that I happen to like deserves good vids, and normally I find that if I like the music, and it rocks, then someone make the effort to make a decent vid as well...

What do you mean by video ? Clips, Concerts ?

In no order:

Joe Satriani / Live at San Fransisco
Napalm Death / The DVD
Suicidal Tendencies / Light Camera...
Cannibal Corpse / Monolith Of Death
Deep Purple / California Jam Festival
AC/DC / Let There Be Rock
Metallica / A Year And A Half 1&2

People like the SMMU vid because of the naked chicks in the end, but it's actually good. Jonas Akerlund is an awesome director.

Out Of Space is very funny, especially that part when Keeti grabs his nuts and Keith kicks Leeroy's feet, heh. BTW, I'd say the coolest Prodigy vid is Voodoo People.

Other videos I enjoy:
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy, Donkey Rhubarb
Massive Attack - Teardrop
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
Nine Inch Nails - Closer, The Perfect Drug (no Lüt, not Into the Void :)

excellent, Nuno digs the prodge. I was forgetting Voodoo people, you know that took 12 hours of non-stop filming on location and they had to do it all in a day... but then you probably knew that.

Yeah, in the island of Santa Lucia or whatever it's called.

Yes, I love them. In fact, they're my favorite band. This morning I got some nostalgia listening to Charly and What Evil Lurks. Liam (Howlett! :) is a true genius, man.

Daft Punk used to be cool, but then came One More Time... what the fuck?!

I don't watch music videos. Hell, I hardly watch any TV for that matter! I'm lucky if get a chance to listen to the radio now!.

Well, for right now, these are some of my favorite new music videos:

- "Tainted Love" by Marilyn Manson
- "What I Always Wanted" by Kittie
- "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback
- "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Jay Z
- "Hey, Baby, Hey" by No Doubt
- "Whenever, Wherever" by Shakira
- "I'm a Slave for You" by Britney Spears
- "Break Ya Neck" by Busta Rhymes

Don't crucify me if I missed something...I could probably think of more...

/me shoots Prime with a BFG, a plasma rifle, a rocket launcher, a chiangun, a shotgun, and just to be certain, he downs 400 cokes and beats the puddle of blood on the floor

/me shoots Prime with a BFG, a plasma rifle, a rocket launcher, a chiangun, a shotgun, and just to be certain, he downs 400 cokes and beats the puddle of blood on the floor

Come on, it's not like I enjoy it for its great musical score or award-winning lyric arrangement. Ane it's not like it's my favorite music video of all time, either. I really don't like many of the new music videos out there right now, so I don't have much to pick from. I didn't see you comment on the Shakira video. Wassup with dat? Huh????

Well, for right now, these are some of my favorite new music videos:

/me scratches out Manson and looks at the rest of the list.

WTF? Are you sure you play Doom and not The Sims?

/me urinates on the bloody remains of prime, steals his wallet, takes a berserk pack and starts beating prime until he gibs then beats the gibs, then sets them on fire.

Are you sure you play Doom and not The Sims?

Sure as fuck. I hate all those Sim games.

As for the music, read my previous post. If there were some better videos out there right now, I would've chosen them. But since the pickin's are pretty slim and crappy, this is the best I could come up with. How about cuttin' the closed-minded bullshit? I like to have some kind of variety to what I listen to...except for country, disco, jazz, classical, fuckin gay boy bands, etc...If you must know, my favorite music is heavy metal and rap. As a matter of fact, I'm in the midst of organizing my own hardcore metal band right now...

Are you sure you play Doom and not The Sims?

Sure as fuck. I hate all those Sim games.

As for the music, read my previous post. If there were some better videos out there right now, I would've chosen them. But since the pickin's are pretty slim and crappy, this is the best I could come up with. How about cuttin' the closed-minded bullshit? I like to have some kind of variety to what I listen to...except for country, disco, jazz, classical, fuckin gay boy bands, etc...If you must know, my favorite music is heavy metal and rap. As a matter of fact, I'm in the midst of organizing my own hardcore metal band right now...

Heh, I'm not bashing you, listen to whatever you want. I'm just weirded out because we get all kinds of tastes within the realm of rock music but we VERY RARELY get someone who likes rap or pop...

I can listen to any genre, it's whether or not the band is talented or entertaining that matters to me. My faves though, usually come from the Alternative Rock genre...

No, not those shitty bands that call themselves alternative like Sugar Ray, I mean good Alt. bands like Beck, Soul Coughing, and Wilco.

my fave clips of all time would be :-

Adore by Smashing Pumpkins
Schism by Tool
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden (both the clip and the song is trippy)
and I'll cheat here and say the movie Yellow Submarine because that's sorta like one long clip :P

MTV... I hate MTV... sure, it's responsible for Beavis and Butthead, but that's about the only good thing to come out of MTV

Well, I like the videos for:
"Fade", Staind-Just kicked ass!
"It's Been Awhile",-See previous reason
"Crawling", Linkin' Park-That girl looks good, plus the music roxs.
"In The End", Linkin' Park-Kinda weird, but pretty cool too.

MTV... I hate MTV... sure, it's responsible for Beavis and Butthead, but that's about the only good thing to come out of MTV

TRL? Grrrr... RealWorld? Grrrr... Dismissed? Grrrr... Need I go on?

Heh, I'm not bashing you, listen to whatever you want. I'm just weirded out because we get all kinds of tastes within the realm of rock music but we VERY RARELY get someone who likes rap or pop

I should have addressed this earlier...I don't like "rap" as a genre, per se. I only listen to a few rap songs I happen to hear somewhere and end up liking. As for pop, I don't generally like it. So why did I include Britney, Shakira, and No Doubt on my list? Main reasons (females, don't be offended):

- Britney? - shakin the booty
- Shakira? - shakin the booty
- No Doubt? - has a certain ring to it, in addition to Gwen Stefani

Mind you that I NEVER turn on the TV in search of these vids. However, in the event that they ARE on, I usually make it a point to sit and watch.

Am I the only one here who listens to Kittie?

Gahahah, how old is the oldest of those? Like, 2 months?

Gahahah, how old is the oldest of those? Like, 2 months?

whatever, guys, whatever...

A thread on music videos and not a single person has mentioned Thriller, not to mention other classics like Sledgehammer, California Love, Buddy Holly, Jeremy...

John Elliot Gardiner´s Video "England, my England", about the life and work of Henry Purcell (baroque composer). Two and a half hour of great music. If you like his music like I do, then this is the video. And there is also a little sex in it :). And if the movie "Farinelli" (the great castrate singer) can go as a music video, ok - this one,too). This one has also some hot scences :)

A thread on music videos and not a single person has mentioned Thriller, not to mention other classics like Sledgehammer, California Love, Buddy Holly, Jeremy...

Money for Nothing (I Want My MTV)

Jeremy does not exist. Let us never speak of Jeremy again.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

*shudder* I saw that movie when I was four... scared the piss outta me.