Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

Fun fact - I think I manufactured every possible outcome of 1:2x at least twice and had 1:19 and 1:17 with 99% kills. Probably every single of those looked better than this blasphemous 1:15 to me for some reason. Good luck, although that's most likely not exactly needed to wish here. It's helplessly awful map for max.

1ntru said:

Holy hell, I recorded the demo with the 09/09 version. Goddamnit, I'll have to redo it, once again D: This was a very rare situation of a long demo, in which basically everything went right.

Well, down here is a demo of Community Chest 4 MAP29 UV-Max in 11:51 if anyone wants to see. I'll try this map again tomorrow...

Demo desync,
error msg even with cchest4_old and no playback :-(

Zahid said:

Demo desync,
error msg even with cchest4_old and no playback :-(

There are three versions of Cchest4, and that demo of mine plays back with the one dated from 09/09/2012.

I have tried to redo my demo on the newest version, but best I got so far was 12:01 :( I might try and beat my 11:51 demo sometime else, but for now I'll just play something else.

If you want, here is the video for my demo:

Zahid said:

Hmmm...
or i think it would be better to post the link for that specific version....
Actually along many other sites,youtube got strictly banned in my country so no videos for me:-(

Really? Banned on the whole country? Damn! What government would do that? D:
Here is my last attempt on that map (plays back with the latest/current version of Cchest4). Route is essentially the same, just a few seconds slower...

Andy, don't add this to DSDA, please.

c429-1204.zip

community chest 4
map28 uvmax 20:54**

shit demo, last attempts of yday and today were different in many areas. but somehow slower or failed before exit

c428.zip

community chest 4
map11 uvmax 24:35**

guess this is the last map not covered I can care of, due to secrets missing for now

first exit. nice map but I found hard to plan a better route here. will check again next weeks/months

c411-2435.zip

CC4 Map14 in 10:45.

Still not happy with this. Again you will see my downfall for time in this run which was similar to the last. Trying to aim for under 10 minutes.

cc414-1045.zip

Nevan said:

CC4 Map14 in 10:45.

Still not happy with this. Again you will see my downfall for time in this run which was similar to the last. Trying to aim for under 10 minutes.

Well, how about if killing all monsters first? Leaving them apart seems to left them wandering.

Well of course. I actually thought I had them all dead after finding the last secrets, but looks like I need to check more carefully obviously.

Ah it's better this time, though isn't a very fast time either.

Cchest4 Map14 Max again 11:17

***Dear Andy: The previous 12:19 demo can be ignored.***

Well Nevan, you are so lucky in that 10:45. 1st the 1HP, 2nd if that archvile near the end hits you, you will died.

cc4-14-1117.zip

I've just released a patch that fixes a bug in MAP17 which could prevent 100% Kills. You may now record on that map using that version, for those concerned about it. It also fixes a co-op only bug on MAP29, and both of the demos posted in this thread that worked on the previous version of that level will correctly play back on this one as well.

thx a lot

btw in map18 I found out you can actually jump out the window with a few chaingunners, and then stay trapped (?) there. but this would be rather impossible to do accidentally
the room is on the left side of the map, the hallways leading to a blueskull key door if im right (just played it 5min yday)

just wanted to mention it in case it could be a problem somehow

Yes, it will be a problem, because it's too easy to do, and apparently, nobody noticed that until you did. Not even dew.

I will be updating the hotfix shortly. Sorry, guys.

EDIT: It is available here.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Cchest4 Map17 12:10

Very beautiful tech-base!!! ^_^ :)

oh- Im playing exactly this map since this afternoon :)

btw your demo seems to be recorded with the non-updated version of the wad. check just above your post for the new file, because demo desynchs