Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

j4rio said:

CChest4 map 11 max in 16:55

Wow, that was incredible! And woah, that rocket was really close to end your run when you went to kill the two cybers. Seeing this aggressive playing in a map as long as this never ceases to amaze.

Works fine for me, probably you don't have the latest version of the wad, dated October 19, 2012.
Pretty impressive demo, I wonder if it took so much time to make because it was hard to survive, hard to get 100% kills or because j4rio wasn't satisfied with the times he was getting? Or wait, it's probably all three...

Yes, I downloaded CC4 from DSDA and the demo plays back normally.
Fantastic demo.

j4rio said:

amazing, I just saw first 8min but already a great route and memorization of such a complex map. Didnt really go out of the linearity in my video, my ammo management was also pretty scarce, because otherwise it would require much time for sure and *many* attempts and tries

Memfis said:

I wonder if it took so much time to make because it was hard to survive, hard to get 100% kills or because j4rio wasn't satisfied with the times he was getting?

Just the first two. It's first exit. Around tenth if you count demos with missing monster. I hate this game.

j4rio said:

It really was an amazing demo; I enjoyed every moment of it. However I think it's not so flattering seeing a Doomer with such low skill as mine commenting like that on a speedrun. Oh well, I still appreciated it. :)

j4rio said:

CChest4 map 17 max in 8:53

cool idea to leave the BK enemies for later. but don't really know if its much faster than my route
but im too lazy to check intermissions :p

Finally, the last batch of CC2 demos :)

This time I got involved in competition with my nephew, and he beat me every time :/

MAP21 NM speed in 5:07. First and only exit, and past the glide it sucks big time :(

MAP21 UV speed in 2:13. Just using the glide and lift management at the red key area.

MAP25 NM speed in 2:33. Here my nephew started to seriously compete, and soon the real battle began. We literally spent thousands of attempts to reach the exit, and it became clear that the winner will be who finally manages to exit the map. And he was the first to do it, damnit :) Gene, I think you'll like this demo :)

MAP26 NM speed in 3:15 and 3:10. This map was much easier then the previous one, but still challenging if you want to make it fast. We beat each other's recordings a few times, and finally I lost by 5 seconds. Our goal was also to improve the existing UV speed time, which we did.

MAP27 UV speed in 6:48. I didn't record here, very good map but too big for my taste. Nephew recorded a speedrun here.

MAP30 NM speed in 1:11 and 1:08. A battle again. Like in MAP26, existing UV speed was improved by both of us, and I lost again... by 3 seconds.

cc2_3.zip

Great work, SAV!
But did you stopped recording maxes and fasts forever :(?

Thank you, Plut! I'm planning to do some 100/100 action as well, even though maxkilling usually takes me more time to optimize than Nightmare racing.

Oops. I usually look at percentantage improvement first, but absolute value also counts and it looks bad if my demo is improved by 23 minutes!!! Will watch it this weekend and tell something more, congrats.