Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noname

Lost WADs

Hi, I'm new here, but I love Doom. I was exposed to it really early (like 5 or 6) and I remember playing Doom, Doom 2, and Maximum Doom (that giant WAD database) when I was younger. However, I lost the Maximum Doom program and now cannot find some of my favorite WADs from that game. Maybe you guys can help me? I don't remember any names, just descriptions.

-A mega-wad (think it was full 32, might've been less). I remember the first level was just a giant room with blue walls and one or two cyberdemons were roaming about the level. I also remeber one level which was like E1M1 but had much more monsters in it including a Cyberdemon and Spider-Mastermind. Map 3 from Doom 2 was in it somewhere too.

-A three level WAD of Doom 1 (I think). The first level was all most exactly like E1M8 but after you killed the barons there was a Cyberdemon on the outskirts of the level. I also remember at least one of the three levels used some classical music as BGM (dont remember what piece...just remember thinking that it was in Fantasia).

and
-A five or six level WAD of Doom 2... I think the name started with a J? The first level had an Icon of Sin in it and it was behind a blue wall. That's all I really remember about that one.

Any help you guys can give me on finding these would be much appreciated. Thanks.

noname said:
I also remember at least one of the three levels used some classical music as BGM (dont remember what piece...just remember thinking that it was in Fantasia).

Maybe Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain". I know it was in Fantasia and a MUS version of a MIDI was made by a guy who compiled a classical music wad. It also appeared in a few other patch wads.

The lists here should be helpful.

noname said:

Hi, I'm new here, but I love Doom. I was exposed to it really early (like 5 or 6) and I remember playing Doom, Doom 2, and Maximum Doom (that giant WAD database) when I was younger. However, I lost the Maximum Doom program and now cannot find some of my favorite WADs from that game. Maybe you guys can help me? I don't remember any names, just descriptions.

-A mega-wad (think it was full 32, might've been less). I remember the first level was just a giant room with blue walls and one or two cyberdemons were roaming about the level. I also remeber one level which was like E1M1 but had much more monsters in it including a Cyberdemon and Spider-Mastermind. Map 3 from Doom 2 was in it somewhere too.

-A three level WAD of Doom 1 (I think). The first level was all most exactly like E1M8 but after you killed the barons there was a Cyberdemon on the outskirts of the level. I also remember at least one of the three levels used some classical music as BGM (dont remember what piece...just remember thinking that it was in Fantasia).

and
-A five or six level WAD of Doom 2... I think the name started with a J? The first level had an Icon of Sin in it and it was behind a blue wall. That's all I really remember about that one.

Any help you guys can give me on finding these would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think the last one may be :
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=3064

Lorenzo

YES! That was it! Thanks so much. Haven't had much luck finding the others though...

Also, this if off-topic but I just recently got a new lap top and I installed Doom, but the controls are a little strange. For some reason I can't shoot and strafe at the same time. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

noname said:
For some reason I can't shoot and strafe at the same time. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

It sounds like the laptop's keyboard doesn't allow input from as many pressed keys as the older keyboard, being rather limited in that respect. As options, you could use the keys that move you left and right (as opposed to a combination of turn + strafe keys) and maybe also use the mouse to turn.