Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Prime

...And thus sayeth the lord Prime...

I don't remember Id ever revealing the true origins of the Gateways which opened onto the Phobos and Deimos moons, and later, Earth. Here's hoping that DooM III sheds some light on the subject. I mean, although I haven't read the novels, apparently they sucked, so I don't really have the desire to beleive anything from those things...

I haven't read the novels

consider yourself lucky. many good trees died for that toilet paper...

I don't remember Id ever revealing the true origins of the Gateways which opened onto the Phobos and Deimos moons, and later, Earth.

There's probably a reason for that......:)

Here's hoping that DooM III sheds some light on the subject.

/me raises a toast

I mean, although I haven't read the novels, apparently they sucked, so I don't really have the desire to believe anything from those things...

I haven't either, and from I've heard around here, that may not be a bad thing.

Origin of the Gateways? What origin? According to the game's
storyline the military is responsible for making the inter-dimensional GATEWAYS between Phobos and Deimos. And as far as the novels go,(YEP,I OWN ALL 4 OF THEM.)The Gates were already there on Phobos and Deimos millions of years before
mankind even arrived on Mars,Inert,unyielding alien made constructs of unknown origin. For at least 20 years(after mankind colonised Mars)the UAC was messing around with the gates trying to make them work. And one day,they just sprang to life,and everything went haywire leading to DooM.

I love how most of ya'll bash to the novel series,especially the one's that never read them. JUST BECAUSE ID DIDN'T APPROVE OF THE BOOKS DOESN'T MEAN THEY REALLY SUCK! The authors just made some slight adjustments and modifications to help push the story a little farther than it accually was. Think about it, How in the hell you gonna take a one page storyline and turn it into a 4 novel series without having to make some adjustments,modifications
and slight changes to make all the pieces fit together and make since. Even though I have to admit,books 3 and 4 was way to far off the wall.

i dont know whats wrong with the first novel. its the only one i read and i loved it. just because something doesnt follow what its based on doesnt make it bad.

I love how most of ya'll bash to the novel series,especially the one's that never read them. JUST BECAUSE ID DIDN'T APPROVE OF THE BOOKS DOESN'T MEAN THEY REALLY SUCK! The authors just made some slight adjustments and modifications to help push the story a little farther than it accually was. Think about it, How in the hell you gonna take a one page storyline and turn it into a 4 novel series without having to make some adjustments,modifications
and slight changes to make all the pieces fit together and make since. Even though I have to admit,books 3 and 4 was way to far off the wall.

The fact that the DoomGuy's name in the novels is "Flynn Taggert" did it for me...

The gateways were there when the UAC went to Mars.

Aahhh...but how do we know that the UAC didn't already have some sort of idea of what they'd find? hhmmmm....

Well it is mentioned in the readme that the military's doing shizat with them. But that's about it, (and that's already been mentioned). However, I don't think there's much else that needs to be said about them.

And why is it that everybody seems to forget about the readme?

I am also a proud member of the "Thank God I haven't read the Doom books" club

S./

To Sokath-I've could've sworn I've specifically typed that the MILITARY made the GATES on Phobos/Deimos.

To Bigbadgansta-Yes,the gates were already on Phobos/Deimos millions of years prior to the human colonilaztion of Mars,IN THE NOVELS!!! NOT in the ORIGINAL GAME'S storyline.

To Prime-Yeah,I know you don't care for the books and all. But just in case you'd might want to read alittle more about
the books or main characters goto http://www.doomworld.com/pageofdoom/index.shtml and click on the charaters page section on the upper-left side of the page and read about the DooM BIBLE's characters and the Novels characters. All the novels story segments/characters input is from me. I didn't do the last 2 novels cuz it's strays to far away from the doom storyline.

One thing i don't undersand. How the hell can humans open gates that are made by aliens? they must had have really good teknologie to do that...