Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daniel6118

Great Trouble in Using Doom Builder

I have to state clearly that I am a novice to map editing of Doom, so if what I mention below is silly in your opinion, don't criticize :)
Firstly, I wonder why my doom builder cannot open up maps of wad files like doom2 and TNT. There is always a message popped out, notifying me that an error has occured, something about the memory, but I am sure that my RAM is far more than enough for running this program.
Secondly, I try to create a simple map myself, yet something strange happened every time I saved my map: the shapes are completely distorted and becoming irregular, every single line is not in their original position anymore. I suspect that this is because of the nodebuilder, but no more than that.
Could anyone explain to me what has possibly taken place in the program? Is it my fault or the program's fault that poses the unsuccessful map making?

Considering that neither of those problems are to be expected and that virtually no one else has those problems out of the box, I'd say there's something wrong with your setup.

When you say "irregular lines not in thier original places,"
Does the whole map look like a bunch of scribbles? I've encountered this happen to me when I Open a map In XWE, then re-open it in doombuilder after...

But apart from that, I've never had either of these problems, so I'm sorry that I cannot help.

Make sure you save and load your map with the same configuration. Different configurations may save your map in different formats (Doom/Hexen) and opening it with the wrong configuration will lead to scribble lines.

CodeImp said:

Make sure you save and load your map with the same configuration. Different configurations may save your map in different formats (Doom/Hexen) and opening it with the wrong configuration will lead to scribble lines.

Ah of course, I remember opening some ZDoom based map when I first started out In Doom2 format, I got all confused... Lol.