Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomXL

textures?

Whenever I go into 3D mode instead of my walls being colored they only have question marks on them and are red. It doesnt even SHOW things that i put in there (monsters. etc.) also, whenever I go to 3d mode and I try to exit out of it it says 'ERROR 9 IN RunTextureSelect : sunscript out of range. Im sorry for being stupid but could you help? I could not find it in the manual

Did you select an IWAD (such as doom.wad or doom2.wad) for the configuration you are using? Because this sounds like Doom Builder can't find any textures for some reason.

No, don't touch that, its for advanced users :P
From the menu, go to Tools -> Configuration. Then open the tab Files and select the configuration you use to edit your map. Then below the list click Browse and find the IWAD that goes with that configuration (doom2.wad for Doom 2, doom.wad for Ultimate Doom, etc). Click OK to accept the changes.

I tried it but it said 'subscript out of range' and closed out of the program. Sorry for the hassle I'm new at this

This is probably a stupid question but ...

Do you actually have Doom2.wad , Doom.wad , etc. Iwads on you HD ?

Thank you. I have one more question. When I put i put in a 'Thing' I cannot see it at all. This happens with lights, monsters, the whole shebang. How can I make it so I can see these Objects?