Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomXL

Importing wall textures?

Sorry for all the spam but this has been really frustrating me. when I make a doom map in DB and I want to edit the walls i cant. The only texture for the walls is the UAC symbol. Can I change this? Additionly I found some pictures on the internet of satanic symbols and I wanted to import them as a texture. can I do this? Also when i edit in 3D mode its very dark? Anyway i can light it up a little without effecting the outcome of the map (like if I make 3D editing lighter it makes the whole thing lighter)

doomXL said:

when I make a doom map in DB and I want to edit the walls i cant.

Please Explain in more detail.

doomXL said:

The only texture for the walls is the UAC symbol. Can I change this?

Again, It'd help if you went into more detail in what you mean, But I'm suggesting you mean in 3D Mode after you click on a wall texture.

If it's only displaying One texture, Just press the "Tab" key.

doomXL said:

Additionly I found some pictures on the internet of satanic symbols and I wanted to import them as a texture. can I do this?

Yes, this thread may help you. (Link.)

doomXL said:

Also when i edit in 3D mode its very dark? Anyway i can light it up a little without effecting the outcome of the map (like if I make 3D editing lighter it makes the whole thing lighter)

3D Mode lighting mode is simple to change, Just hit the "B" Key when in 3D Mode, everything will go fully bright, and won't affect what's displayed in-game.

Well, Hope I've been of use to you, and that this may also help others.

[Edit] I can't spell...