Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thekiller901

Mod Idea

Recommended Posts

The idea is for someone to rebuild all of the levels from "D3" and maybe "ROE" in LEGOs (just everything man-made), rebuild all of the characters as minifigures using LEGO Star Wars technology, and the monsters as warped/mutant minifigures. Oh sure, It's been done for Doom 1&2 and we've all thought about it, but I actually had the guts to say something! I'm not cut out for being a project leader so I'll just suggest it and let someone else do it.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it is for Doom 3.

Share this post


Link to post

Thekiller901, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.
Oh, and in before PH.

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

The idea is for someone to rebuild all of the levels from "D3" and maybe "ROE" in LEGOs (just everything man-made), rebuild all of the characters as minifigures using LEGO Star Wars technology, and the monsters as warped/mutant minifigures.

What the fuck are you talking about that links to "Mod idea"? Huh?

Make a Lego construction about Doom 3 yourself, then show it at the "Fan fics/Fan pics" forum. Use whatever little you might have. It could be useful for us to know what you want. Don't expect immediate help, though. Few people are ready to work on demand for no compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

I think this is a great idea! You should start working on it right now..

There is a “small” problem with that. I possess virtually no tools or the knowledge to do it.

thekiller901 said:

I'm not cut out for being a project leader so I'll just suggest it and let someone else do it.

Maybe that "someone else" should be you.

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

There is a “small” problem with that. I possess virtually no tools or the knowledge to do it.

Maybe that "someone else" should be you.

You're really missing the point. NOBODY WILL MAP FOR YOU. Especially since you have no background of mapping and it seems your only purpose is to get someone to do EVERYTHING.

Share this post


Link to post
YMB said:

You're really missing the point. NOBODY WILL MAP FOR YOU. Especially since you have no background of mapping and it seems your only purpose is to get someone to do EVERYTHING.

OK, new plan, I know how to open the “editor”, how do you open up the levels in this?

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

I did (I tell people this too). The f***ing thing didn't even mention the editor!

The editor most likely has a Help feature.

Share this post


Link to post

Is this cat on OPIUM? I've got an idea for a mod someone else can do too. I'm just not enough of a fuck to actually suggest somebody do MY project. I suppose you'd want your name on it somewhere too, like in the credits: Original Post of Idea That Was Probly Already Mentioned: by Killer901

Share this post


Link to post
Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

Is this cat on OPIUM? I've got an idea for a mod someone else can do too. I'm just not enough of a fuck to actually suggest somebody do MY project. I suppose you'd want your name on it somewhere too, like in the credits: Original Post of Idea That Was Probly Already Mentioned: by Killer901


The guy gets a clever idea and posts about, and thats it. There is no reason for flaming him he never said "make this project so i can take the credit for it"

He just said it would be cool if somebody were to re-create Doom3 with Legos and i don't see anything wrong with that.

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

The guy gets a clever idea and posts about, and thats it. There is no reason for flaming him he never said "make this project so i can take the credit for it"

He just said it would be cool if somebody were to re-create Doom3 with Legos and i don't see anything wrong with that.

Exactly, aside from just suggesting the idea, I was to have nothing to do with it. My name was to be absent from the all the projects.

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

Exactly, aside from just suggesting the idea, I was to have nothing to do with it. My name was to be absent from the all the projects.

But you still want people to make something FOR you, that only you would enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
YMB said:

But you still want people to make something FOR you, that only you would enjoy.

If only I would enjoy it, then there's no real reason to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

Is this cat on OPIUM? I've got an idea for a mod someone else can do too. I'm just not enough of a fuck to actually suggest somebody do MY project. I suppose you'd want your name on it somewhere too, like in the credits: Original Post of Idea That Was Probly Already Mentioned: by Killer901


You've probably already forgotten what John Carmack's mother's maiden name is, who are you to judge?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

The guy gets a clever idea and posts about, and thats it. There is no reason for flaming him he never said "make this project so i can take the credit for it"

He just said it would be cool if somebody were to re-create Doom3 with Legos and i don't see anything wrong with that.


Fuck flaming, what I have done is called hating. We're not all 5th graders here. The only thing flaming around here is you.

Share this post


Link to post
Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

Fuck flaming, what I have done is called hating. We're not all 5th graders here. The only thing flaming around here is you.

OH SNAP!
This thread has reached unclassifiable levels of stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
YMB said:

OH SNAP!
This thread has reached unclassifiable levels of stupidity.


Ok lets just stop calling each other names or flame/spam or whatever.

Or else this thread may be Helled and it would not be fair if we were to ruin the authors thread with stupid or ignorant comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Coopersville said:

No one's going to recreate a Doom 3 level with Lego anyway, so why bother.


hmmmmmmmmm.........perhaps i will just so that i could prove you wrong.

You do mean create a Doom3 level with real Legos and not a Doom3 level with Lego textures don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

hmmmmmmmmm.........perhaps i will just so that i could prove you wrong.

You do mean create a Doom3 level with real Legos and not a Doom3 level with Lego textures don't you?

Well, what I meant was doing the game in a LEGO Star Wars stile.

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

Well, what I meant was doing the game in a LEGO Star Wars stile.


Do you mean doing that with REAL legos or create a hole bunch of new textures and models and bring that into the REAl game?

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

Do you mean doing that with REAL legos or create a hole bunch of new textures and models and bring that into the REAl game?

The last one. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
thekiller901 said:

The last one. Sorry.


uhhhhhhhhhh.......i really don't see why anybody would ever do that.

I mean its a shitload of work and doesn't even sound like a very good idea.

I still think that re-creating a Doom3 level with REAL Legos would be fun:)

Share this post


Link to post
hardcore_gamer said:

uhhhhhhhhhh.......i really don't see why anybody would ever do that.

I mean its a shitload of work and doesn't even sound like a very good idea.


lol

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah ya know, I have a better idea:

How about remaking some of the great PWADs for Doom II into Doom³ mods? Strain, Equinox, Hell to Pay, Perdition's Gate, QuakeDoom, Heroes (which is for Doom), The Torment and Torture games, The Darkest Hour, Cold as Hell (bugfixed, of course), A Fistful of Doom, even the old Aliens TC, and especially Sirens (yeah I'd love to see a good re-do of Sirens). I suppose I could name more, but we all know of great Classic Doom mods that any could name.

I mean someone's already been doing this sort of thing with Chex Quest. Why not other PWADs as well? (But especially the ones I named heh-heh-heh)

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×