Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Doom Turns 14!

I know I haven't been here long AT ALL, but in this thread alone I've seen people that I didn't even know existed, new people all the time.

Happy birthday, been looking forward to this for quite a while :)

What about a Doom Parody for best jokewad? The one with the laugh tracks? That's the only jokewad I still keep on my hard drive. I'm sure that deserves the recognition for it's high replay value.

Wow, I can't believe it was that long ago. Then again, my life was so different back then...

It really shows how distant I've gotten from the community in that I haven't played any new wads this year. Then again, the Cacowards are inspiring me to create new levels. If only I had the time...

I'm glad that Eternal won the Mapper of the Year award, he's certainly my favorite from this year. I prefer Remain1 from his wads, but Epic is pretty good also. Tormentor would have been a good choice too, even though I personally am not that fond of his works. KDIZD deserved its place in the top 10.

Also, Wonderful Doom is not that great, certainly not anywhere near top 10 wads of this year. It's a derivative work that depends on nostalgia and doesn't have merits of its own (except maybe E4).

I'm happy that EPIC.WAD and its mapper both got a cacoward, they really deserves it. Same for Genesis of Descent and Sine Die. CC3, KZiZD and UTNT were logical choices as well.

Yet I feel Demon Eclipse is underrated and would deserve a little notification along with the GZDoom exclusive maps.

Tho I don't see anything outstanding in Wonderful Doom.

This 14th Doom year was superb, and with Eternal Doom IV and Deus Vult II demo around the corner I feel the 15th year will be a great one as well.

Doom, you've never failed to amaze me. Next stop: 20 years of Doom! Well, actually, I guess 15 would be the NEXT step. Hey, nice Doomworld Memes quiz. I got a 3. Damn.

They grow up so fast. Two years from now and Doom'll be driving.

Csonicgo said:

Worst WAD had me in stitches.

If you strain your ears hard enough, you can hear Glassyman crying and blubbering in his ear splitting high pitched voice.

I personally thought that IOGW deserved the mock award. I don't usually find joke wads that funny, but iogw was one of those few exceptions. I also enjoyed it because it didn't feel like a long and boring onslaught like most jokewads.

See, the doomguy fights against Hell in the name of Human Rights (that he cares is obvious by how he got to Phobos in the first place).

Birfday! I wish I had something to release or show for this year, but I've been rather busy. Maybe next year...

yomoneyboat said:

Hey, nice Doomworld Memes quiz. I got a 3. Damn.

How the hell have I been here four years longer than you and only remember 4?

EarthQuake said:

I'm a furious browser of post hell.

Shadowman said:

Happy birthday, Doom!
New megawad has already started...

Yeah, way to put in some totally inappropriate promotion there, ShadowRunner.

Yay!

I was gonna write a poem or rearrange the words of a song to seem witty but I really couldn't think of anything. This year just doesn't seem to match up with the others, maybe when the nostalgia kicks in I'll have something.

Bank said:

Yay!

I was gonna write a poem or rearrange the words of a song to seem witty but I really couldn't think of anything. This year just doesn't seem to match up with the others, maybe when the nostalgia kicks in I'll have something.

Alright, I'll have a go:
It’s a game called Doom and it’s really RAD those demons from Hell are pretty bad
Cacodemons, Zombiemen, and brown Imps too, but with your help our marine pulls through!
Yeah, It was a stupid song to begin with.

yomoneyboat said:

Alright, I'll have a go:
It’s a game called Doom and it’s really RAD those demons from Hell are pretty bad
Cacodemons, Zombiemen, and brown Imps too, but with your help our marine pulls through!
Yeah, It was a stupid song to begin with.

I like it! On another note, Epic's screenshot looked quite interesting, can't wait to give it ago.

EarthQuake said:

Birfday! I wish I had something to release or show for this year, but I've been rather busy. Maybe next year...

I remember 5 and I'm from Newdoom and supposedly have big problems.

Anyhow congrats to the winners. Lets hope next year will see as many interesting Doom maps n stuff.... maybe moar. :D

Jesus. I almost forgot what day it was.

It's been a good fourteen years. Cheers, Doom, and everyone who's stuck with it so long.

Danarchy said:
I got an 8 on that test. That's just scary.

Heh, I think could say I remember (or am more or less familiar with) all of them. Although to be honest I'm not a fan of tool-assisted recording :p

The "who's really a woman?" question was also amusing.

Heh, I liked the original title, too (Caco Wards IV: Caco Wars). I was poking around in /14years yesterday to see what was happening.