Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

Merriam-Webster's 2007 word of the year is...

udderdude said:

picard

that was exactly my reaction when I saw the headline. reading the article gave me a case of the ouchface tho.

So there's correct spellings for things that are intentionally misspelled now? Only on teh intarnets.

DooMAD said:

So there's correct spellings for things that are intentionally misspelled now? Only on teh intarnets.

pwn and ownt are two seperate versions actually..
Far as I know, I've heard of ownt first way before pwn.

Wow. I remember reading something several years ago about the history of w00t, saying that it was first coined in the early 90s. Way to be on top of things, Merriam-Webster.

Gokuma said:

Has anyone seen Idiocracy?

Unfortunately. I got conned into seeing that while drunk a couple of weekends ago.

Gokuma said:

Has anyone seen Idiocracy?

"The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections."

Next year's work is probably going to be something like brb.

Early 90's? there goes my idea that w00t came from "Root", which is what a hacker had when they had hacked into the base directory of a computer and so could access everything, being corrupted by players of whatever the 2001 equivalent of Everquest (if lifeforms ((because lets face it, they arent people)) are still playing that) was