Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MegaZzZeux

I Give Up On Trying To Map: 2 - WIP

Ryathaen said:

Just 30 more and you can compile them all into I Give Up: The Megawad.

I would say "I Gave Up 30 Times But Still Made This Megawad," would suit the theme better.

BJ Blazkowicz said:

I would say "I Gave Up 30 Times But Still Made This Megawad," would suit the theme better.

Well, something like that... Either way, it will be a miracle if I finish this one.

MegaZzZeux said:

Well, something like that... Either way, it will be a miracle if I finish this one.

Do you believe? Can you say "Hallelujah"? Then you CAN succeed! :p

Don't be alarmed... I AM still working on this.

...Here in about a year or two, you will have a sup-par map that you will be beating in 3 minutes.

Don't worry.

MegaZzZeux said:

Here in about a year or two, you will have a sup-par map that you will be beating in 3 minutes.

Sounds about like my maps! :p

hehe it looks pretty good so far...as some person said it looks like a good and classic map. :)

It looks like its coming along nicely, keep up the good work ^_^ and it dose look like a classic map (which i like btw)

I'm going to be honest here... I find it VERY hard to really map anymore, due to the Doom communities expectations of levels. But as stated before, I WILL finish this level someday.

Not everyone likes huge maps with loads of detail, not everyone likes maps that are made for a specific port, not everyone likes maps that turn doom into something else, not everyone likes maps with custom monsters or annoying scipts.

The point I'm getting at once you have completed your map I'm sure the will be an particular group of players interested in it it.Personally I'm more into classic looking maps with classic no nonsense gameplay and the screens I've seen from your map were good.

If I look at all the reactions you have gotten on your screens I must say all of the were postive ones keep going you would dissapoint alot of people if you give up on it.

Dutch Devil is correct. I'm one of those people who prefer smaller-scaled maps with simpler detail. I believe I've metioned once before that my favorite Megawad is Scythe. The gameplay makes the map fun and the *THEME* makes it look good. A well-executed theme often looks better than a generic one that crams in detail. I once played a map that was loaded with nice looking details, but still looked bland because nearly every texture was grey and repetitive (that is, no theme).

Your screenies look solid. Just keep mapping with the classic style you've been using. If you do that, I'm convinced your maps will turn out nicely.

I wouldn't worry about the expectations of the community too much. Your map looks perfect :) Reminds me of Torn's mapping.

Tango said:

Both of you, get to work, lest I beat you relentlessly

That's nothing compared to what you'll get if you don't finish vapormap

MegaZzZeux said:

Now it's been 6 months since I've actually done anything with this level.

dutch devil said:

Its been several years since I've done anything on some of my personal projects 6 months is nothing.

That makes me sad. =( I look forward to your work, both of you.

geekmarine said:

I'd say that's looking pretty awesome. We don't get enough classic-style WADs these days, in my opinion, so keep it up. Of course, I'm an old crank who's never really gotten into modern mapping, so what do I know? At any rate, I'd definitely play it.

It's the same with me! Keep on wadding, this looks promising!!

esselfortium said:

That will be even worst if you give up on KDIZD i doubt you will but still =P

Tango said:

Both of you, get to work, lest I beat you relentlessly

esselfortium said:

Undead+priest said:

That will be even worst if you give up on KDIZD i doubt you will but still =P

This takes me back to my highschool days - those teachers played rough. :P

@MegaZzZeux - Don't worry, inspiration can strike when you least expect it.

hopefully this encouragement will allow you to resume work on this map.

Well... seeing as how I got kicked out of college for this upcoming fall semester, I SHOULD have some time to work on this and other maps. Also, I need to start playing Doom again- It's been like 6 months since I've really touched it.

But wow... I never thought NOT touching a map for months would make me lose interest in it entirely.

Well, we'll see how things go.